Purchased Barn to door

Help Support CattleToday:

Jacob

Reaction score
We are gonna grow the beef side of the farm a bit and we have invested in barn to door that will allow us to have an online store just like Amazon or any other online store. It will keep up with all our inventory and people can order 24/7 without contacting me. It will also allow them to pay deposits or pay online. I'm hoping it helps streamline the communication with the customers. We sell wholes/halves and 1/4 and also a few steers by the cut. My thinking about the by the cut thing is people can try before they buy a larger quantity.

We are gonna grow the beef side of the farm a bit and we have invested in barn to door that will allow us to have an online store just like Amazon or any other online store. It will keep up with all our inventory and people can order 24/7 without contacting me. It will also allow them to pay deposits or pay online. I'm hoping it helps streamline the communication with the customers. We sell wholes/halves and 1/4 and also a few steers by the cut. My thinking about the by the cut thing is people can try before they buy a larger quantity.
Sounds like you have it well thought out. Hope it goes good for you, I'm sure it will.

Ken

Are going to be selling as Jacob's Proteins? When I went to their site to check it out, it gave me a pop-up saying you had joined. :)

No it will be Gizmo Angus Beef. Gizmom isn't ready to get out of the seedstock business so we will still be doing that for sure. This will just be an add on so we don't take anything to the sale barn if I can help it. We did a little last year. A few more this spring and I plan to double it next year.

I would check on the rules and regulations about selling individual l cuts. Three are different requirements when you do that. USDA inspections and such.
I get everything usda inspected that we sell by the cuts. It has the usda stamp so I'm good to go. Not many people do that and it's gonna bite them one day.

I get everything usda inspected that we sell by the cuts. It has the usda stamp so I'm good to go. Not many people do that and it's gonna bite them one day.

I was selling grass fed and supplemented pasture finished beef in high school and it paid some of my college expenses. If you have that market and can keep the infrastructure economically viable it can work well. Good for you.

I wonder if there would be a market now for "baby beef"? I slaughtered at 900 to 1000 pounds. Some people like smaller cuts and it might be a custom niche worth exploring.

Many mid size and mini breeders are marketing toward the smaller sized cuts . So it is a market worth exploring

Latest posts