purchase brahman bred cows

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

i am having trouble finding a reg. herd of brahman cattle to purchase bred cows. any one know of a rancher within 250 miles of southern minnesota. any help will be helpful. thanks, bruce

[email protected]

> i am having trouble finding a reg.
> herd of brahman cattle to purchase
> bred cows. any one know of a
> rancher within 250 miles of
> southern minnesota. any help will
> be helpful. thanks, bruce

Try contacting the Brahman breed association at <A HREF="http://www.brahman.org" TARGET="_blank">www.brahman.org</A> I see that there are breeders in Missouri and possibly Nebraska, but don't know if they have any members as far north as where you are. I'd be among the first to say that Brahman's and their crosses have a definite place in the American cattle business, but I wonder why you want to use them that far north. Generally speaking, their place is in the hotter and/or more humid portions of the country. That far north they also may not "grow enough hair" to handle the cold, and you can surely expect to get price penalized when you try to sell the calves. I know they make great mothers and have longer productive lives than many other breeds, but what are your thoughts as to why you want to raise them that far north?

Latest posts