Puppy Training

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
It is time to find out if DD can cut the mustard.
The first squirrel hunt.

006-3.jpg

Isomade":1ioi0pve said:
You caught Bigfoot on camera!!!!!

That's the first thing I thought of, to much watching "Finding Bigfoot" with my son.

CB, that sure is a thicket if that is open woods, hope you got a mess and the dog worked well.

J&D Cattle":7g62o65w said:
Isomade":7g62o65w said:
You caught Bigfoot on camera!!!!!

That's the first thing I thought of, to much watching "Finding Bigfoot" with my son.

CB, that sure is a thicket if that is open woods, hope you got a mess and the dog worked well.

I do have a pretty bigfoot you could be right.
I think I shot three with her that day, the puppy hasn't got it all put together yet.
I took the puppy down around that feeder as I knew there would be plenty of squirrels on the ground for her to chase.
She know's that the squirrel's run up the tree and disappear, then a shot and fall's out.
She hasn't figured out how to follow one through the timber yet she get's to hung up on the tree it went up.
That is mighty fine open wood's for here, that is why all you need is a shotgun to deer hunt with, 50 or 60 yards is a long shot.
TB has worked over in this part of the world those are scary woods to most people.
Been more than one poor soul get turned around in them. Had fog fall in one hunt a few years back it was so thick I just went to the creek and followed it back to get in my pasture.
Just noticed the date on that camera is out of whack by a week.

I'm sure CB will say that he and DD only got turned around in the thicket and not lost but whatever the case here is a picture of CB and DD heading to the house after the hunt in the thicket.

file.php

Now that is funny .

I got lost in the neighbors pasture one night and knew I was in his pasture.
It was dark when I came out of the woods heading for the house crossing his place and fog fell in so thick you couldn't see your hand in front of you. I have crossed that 200 acre's a million times in my life and it took me a couple of hours to find a fence line. Once I found the fence line I knew one way was the long way back to the house the other the short and I had no clue to what direction I was headed. Once I got to the creek I knew I got lucky and was on the short way.

Fog came in on me once while dragging a deer. I was young and dumb and kept dragging it cause I knew my way through the property. When I drug the deer by the stand I shot it out of I knew I'd better just sit down and wait till the fog lifted. :lol2:

Latest posts