Pumpkin Bars

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone here eat pumpkin bars ? I had some that a lady that I tend her farm give me some for bringing a load of rocks and putting in her driveway. They were so good and i asked her for the recipe but she said was a family recipe she couldn't tell me it had a graham cracker crust and like an icing on top that had like spice in it and was off orange colored with pecans I did a search on the internet but there was so many variations i don't have a clue which to try. Does anyone here make any?

Wifes aunt made something like that on new years. It was pumpkin on top and a bottom like a soft graham cracker crust. I dont know if it was homemade or not. Ill ask next time i see her.

skyhightree1":3ntt9ut7 said:
Does anyone here eat pumpkin bars ? I had some that a lady that I tend her farm give me some for bringing a load of rocks and putting in her driveway. They were so good and i asked her for the recipe but she said was a family recipe she couldn't tell me it had a graham cracker crust and like an icing on top that had like spice in it and was off orange colored with pecans I did a search on the internet but there was so many variations i don't have a clue which to try. Does anyone here make any?

Truth is it is probably one of those old FAMILY recipes. She stole it from an old family down the road!

Google pumpkin bars there are hundreds of recipes for them available on line!

This is a friend's recipe:

PUMPKIN BARS
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 cups pumpkin (#1 can = 15 oz)
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix sugar and eggs,
Add oil and blend at medium speed until oil is blended.
Add flour, soda and spices.
Add pumpkin and mix until well blended.
Pour into a greased cookie sheet. (I think that she means a jelly roll pan)
Bake 325 - 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
ICING (We like to double this recipe)
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk
Soften cream cheese and whip with butter, add other ingredients and frost the cake.

Craig Miller":2cuu58rw said:
Wifes aunt made something like that on new years. It was pumpkin on top and a bottom like a soft graham cracker crust. I dont know if it was homemade or not. Ill ask next time i see her.

Thanks

Chippie,
Thank you very much I think this may be it.

chippie":2pn6o52c said:
This is a friend's recipe:

PUMPKIN BARS
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups flour
2 cups pumpkin (#1 can = 15 oz)
2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix sugar and eggs,
Add oil and blend at medium speed until oil is blended.
Add flour, soda and spices.
Add pumpkin and mix until well blended.
Pour into a greased cookie sheet. (I think that she means a jelly roll pan)
Bake 325 - 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
ICING (We like to double this recipe)
4 oz cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon milk
Soften cream cheese and whip with butter, add other ingredients and frost the cake.

skyhightree1":3jg7h6lm said:

I've never understood the unwillingness of some to share a recipe. I myself am not a cook so maybe I just don't get it. My MIL literally about $hit herself when my wife was talking about her chocolate chip cookie recipe in front of some of her friends.

I wouldn't tell a sole about my good morel mushroom spots though. :D

I've never understood the unwillingness of some to share a recipe. I myself am not a cook so maybe I just don't get it. My MIL literally about $hit herself when my wife was talking about her chocolate chip cookie recipe in front of some of her friends.

I wouldn't tell a sole about my good morel mushroom spots though. :D

I have never understood that myself. I am not a cook either yea when i ask some people about recipes they look at me like i have 4 heads and arms growing out my ears. If you like something I cooked I will definately share how to fix it because I don't see me opening a 5 star restaurant anytime soon.

Latest posts