pump up sprayers

Help Support CattleToday:

I have some I bought back in the 90"s from Wal Mart,Lowes and Tractor Supply.Still using them.Wash them with dish soap and hot water after every use.I have use ospho(rust killer) spaying the roof on my old ranch house,gas on red wasp,diesel on brush pile and grass around the garden fence,flea killer in the dog pen and dog house and spayed the cows too.Does good on home pest control too.

Wasn't "oiling" them to keep the leather diaphram(sp) from shrinking/drying? Should/would it be necessary with todays plastic/neoprene parts?

dj":15o76vio said:
Wasn't "oiling" them to keep the leather diaphram(sp) from shrinking/drying? Should/would it be necessary with todays plastic/neoprene parts?

I tore one apart the other day and all the oil in the world wouldn;t have helped. The plastic diaphragm was all chewed up from the dirt getting in it form the dirt dauber nests in the cylinder

dj":m33jn2yx said:

Whenever this stuff dries out it cracks and wears.Believe me rubber grease all neoprene where you can -even the new sulphur less diesel swells and cracks the "O" rings