Pulling Trailers or RV's

Help Support CattleToday:

The other day I saw one of those rigs that pulls trailer here from Indiana headed east with a trailer that had Oregon plates on it. Now there is the gig. Pull trailers from the east out west and then pick up a trailer made in the west and haul it back east.

I dropped a horse trailer just out of Pittsburgh PA yesterday about 1pm. Got back in last night at 10. Up and going to work this morning but darn sure couldn't do it all the time. Anyone ever drive WV roads? Not a.good drive.

I dropped a horse trailer just out of Pittsburgh PA yesterday about 1pm. Got back in last night at 10. Up and going to work this morning but darn sure couldn't do it all the time. Anyone ever drive WV roads? Not a.good drive.
Kenny you feel better than I and yes I have traveled WV from Blueridge to Huntington. You go from the highest bridge in the country to just about every road grade being as steep as a cows face. Glad you made it back safe. You probably took a different route in WV as the whole state is mountains.

You could have at least stopped by for a beer yesterday, this girl was dying to meet you.

20210118_171144.jpg

@cfpinz Off topic but it that the natural state of your treed land or has there been a lot of work done to clean the forest floor up? That does not look anything like the bush here lol

Off topic but it that the natural state of your treed land or has there been a lot of work done to clean the forest floor up? That does not look anything like the bush here lol
Didn't know there was a topic here anymore...

Yes and no. In mature hardwoods, the forest floor will be open like in the picture. Mature trees will be much bigger in diameter than these, and there won't be any grass on the forest floor - just leaves and such. I'm guessing my Grandpa logged this place in the mid 1900's, I haven't taken anything off of it other than firewood in my lifetime. With the immature canopy here, I have to be mindful of multiflora rose and other weeds overtaking the ground - so I bush hog or spray these areas as needed.

Pines and cedars will grow up a lot denser and you won't have the visibility. If you clearcut an area around here, it'll grow up with brush so thick you can't walk through it within a matter of years.

I've hunted elk and mule deer in the Rocky Mtns, totally different than around here - that's for sure!

@cfpinz Off topic but it that the natural state of your treed land or has there been a lot of work done to clean the forest floor up? That does not look anything like the bush here lol
Add to what cfpinz said. The deer get a lot of the young browse and the shade from the big hardwoods get more. Plus with 60" of rainfall anything that falls rots away pretty fast. A buildup of leaves is almost rotten by the next year.
And if we're enjoying the discussions topic doesn't matter

Heading out in the morning. Going to drop a horse trailer in Gainesville GA then south to visit a friend and then on to Ocaka FL. Pick up a trailer there Friday morning then back to Sneedville TN and then home Friday night. Who is along the way that wants to buy lunch.

Sounds like a good trip. What are you using to pull these trailers?

Take some pictures if you got time and post.

Sorry I can't help with lunch.

2014 Dadge 2500 2 wheel drive with 544,000+ miles. That was last weeks trailer that went to Pittsburgh PA. Actually don't know what I'm pulling this week until I get to the factory.

Think most all the Georgia and most of the Florida people have left for one reason or another. To bad you don't have much time to hang out in Ocala. All the good looking rich horsewomen are there right now for the winter show series. Have a good safe trip!

Your truck or their truck? They deliver the big Living quarters trailers with that?
Their truck. The other driver delivered a 48ft trailer this week. I delivered a 24ft today. I just parked it for tonight and its going back to Gainesville Ga tomorrow. Its had over 5000 miles on it in January.

Looks like my next trip is to Mantee MS. Next Friday unless it changes. The truck will probably make more 3 trips before then. It went to Gainesville Ga today again 3rd time this week to Gainesville plus a trip to Ocola Fl since Monday

I'm really curious as to how many miles that engine goes before a catastrophic failure. Also wonder what kind of oil they run in it.

I'm really curious as to how many miles that engine goes before a catastrophic failure. Also wonder what kind of oil they run in it.
I will let you know. I ask the main driver if he ever has to add oil and he said never. Last week it probably ran 4000 miles.
Today it takes a short 450 mile trip, tonight it goes to Ocala Fl, tomorrow picks up a trailer in Conyers GA and it goes to Iowa. I expect it to be back Thursday and I'm going to Mantee Mississippi Friday.

Latest posts