Pulling Trailers or RV's

Help Support CattleToday:

After several delays and 22 hours later I got back at 2:30 this morning. Drove 1010 miles pulling a trailer both directions. Last 5 hours it rained. I-22 in Alabama and Mississippi is probably the best road I ever traveled. Good road and little traffic. Birmingham is terrible roads and traffic.

Careful letting us all know what a good time that was, you'll have folks standing in line to root you out of a job! 🤣

After several delays and 22 hours later I got back at 2:30 this morning. Drove 1010 miles pulling a trailer both directions. Last 5 hours it rained. I-22 in Alabama and Mississippi is probably the best road I ever traveled. Good road and little traffic. Birmingham is terrible roads and traffic.
Do they still have all the construction going on in Birmingham? I took a wrong turn there a couple of years ago and ended up in a not so good part of town. It took me forever trying to get back to the interstate.

Heading to Sonora KY tomorrow morning. Anyone near there? Short day only 450 miles round trip. Will be back in time to go to the stockyard.

Heading to Sonora KY tomorrow morning. Anyone near there? Short day only 450 miles round trip. Will be back in time to go to the stockyard.
That is no short drive. Looks just south of E-town as I have had training there a few times. One way is a hard 4hr drive at least. You better head out about 3-3:30AM if you make it back to the stockyard. By the time you hook, unhook, BS a little, etc. probably might ought to head out at 2:30 and if you have to drive to Sneedville probably 2AM.

Last edited:
I don't remember tge construction being really bad in Birmingham but several places near Chattanooga i did see some
The last time I went down that way into Alabama the turn at Chattanooga going towards Alabama a guy gave me a one finger salute as I almost missed the turn. Coming back as I entered Chattanooga it must have been a bad time as I bet I was in a traffic jam 45 minutes. That bottle neck needs work.

Last edited:
That is no short drive. Looks just south of E-town as I have had training there a few times. One way is a hard 4hr drive at least. You better head out about 3-3:30AM if you make it back to the stockyard. By the time you hook, unhook, BS a little, etc. probably might ought to head out at 2:30 and if you have to drive to Sneedville probably 2AM.
Probably try to be there by 8am and get back to the stockyard in time for the sale. Return the truck to Sneedville after the sale and hook up another trailer to go to Mississippi Sunday night.
Tuesday a trailer needs to go to South Dakota and later in the week one to Florida. Then one from GA to Iowa.
Truck had 549,228 miles when I parked it tonight. 8,000 miles in the last 30 days.

Probably try to be there by 8am and get back to the stockyard in time for the sale. Return the truck to Sneedville after the sale and hook up another trailer to go to Mississippi Sunday night.
Tuesday a trailer needs to go to South Dakota and later in the week one to Florida. Then one from GA to Iowa.
Truck had 549,228 miles when I parked it tonight. 8,000 miles in the last 30 days.
David sold trailers for years as he should know the business, glad to here he is doing good. There should be some good jobs for local folks as he builds good trailer.