pulling calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, they will bleed lightly for at least a few days, maybe more. This will be especially true after the calf nurses, which causes uterine contraction. I wouldn't worry unless there was excessive bleeding.

mbdear":3k34q53m said:
alacattleman":3k34q53m said:
mbdear":3k34q53m said:
Cull the survivors and after awhile the problem will go away :eek:
that must be why i see bone all over my neighbor pasture he is culling suvivors never thought of that one

Why not take them to the sale barn...would seem to put money in his pocket and get the problem calvers out of his herd?
but all problem calver's aint all thats the problem. it's problem owners. any cow can be become a problem calver when matched to the wrong bull. i know what you are saying but theres a bigger tale to be told

I think I responded to this in another section. Anyway, someone mentioned gloves? What gloves? Real men go in bare armed. :lol: No, actually I do need to get some and keep them in my truck handy. It just seems every time I need to do something like this gloves are the least of my worries or they are in the vehicle I am not driving. :(

MikeC":38zqz29o said:
Had an old guy who had a dairy up the road tell me his predicament one night with calf pulling.

Seems the cow had a breech that the guy had been pulling on by himself for a few hours and couldn't make anythink happen. It was caught at the hips. He was scared he had lost the calf.

He said he tied the calf's feet to a post on the chute and let the cow out.

She took off and he caught the calf before it hit the ground.

Would like to have seen that. :lol: :lol:
heard of a feller necked one to a tree then pulled the calf with a lincoln continental. unfortunitly the only thing to survive was the owner.

Latest posts