Pulled my first one on my own!

Help Support CattleToday:

texanstraders

Reaction score
Well, I knew the day would come that the vet couldn't make it for a pull. That would be today. She wasn't making progress and I could only see one foot. I was getting nervous and then the vet couldn't make it...SO, I got it all together, ran her up in the shoot. I reached in and thank god it was pointed the right direction...(kinda odd feeling for the first time) Didn't take too long to get the chains on. I worked her side to side and with a little effort, she slid on out. Didn't even have to get the come-along.
No tears thankfully, momma did well. She's taking good care of her too. And thankfully its a heifer.. Aint life grand?

dun

Reaction score
Congrats! Very few things in this business are as satisfying as pulling a calf for the first time and having everything work out.

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Dun, you're right about that! Still has a great sense of satisfaction today.. although if I have to pull one now I try to think about what I did wrong. :cboy:

backhoeboogie

Reaction score
You'll never forget it. I had to do that for the first time when I was 14 years old. Scared of hurting the calf etc. Thankfully I had seen it done enough times. It is a great feeling afterward and I could brag to dad about getting it done for him.

alacattleman

Reaction score
kenny thomas":2b9mhz1y said:
Just think how much you saved on the vet bill.
thats a fact and the confidence you build in yourself,.... when that breech come along in the middle of a cold march rain

hillsdown

Reaction score
Congratulations.....

It is an amazing feeling isn't each each time you achieve something that you have challenged yourself to.

Latest posts