Puerto Rico Trip

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been posting lately, but I had to take a business trip to visit a customer in Puerto Rico. Man, that is one beautiful place. The lows were about 71 and the highs were about 82 when I was there. Just got back a few minutes ago. They have cattle all over the countryside, but the poeple I were with were onlt interested in plastic, not cows. They looked like a commericial mix to me from the road. They have nothing but lush green grass there all year round. I think I want to move.
Below are some pics of my hotel, situated on the beach. We also spent a half a day in old San Juan. Does anyone know what chulita means???

Any way thought I'd share some pics. I wish our friends in Texas and Oklahoma had it so good.

puertorice2.jpg

puertoricoone.jpg

You have a sucky job! Making you take business trips like this. I would quit for sure.

Ps. Could you put in a good word for me to get a job before you quit? :D

a chulita is a "cutie" --- a cute girl.

Another name for hobbyists to use for their favorite, good looking heifer. :lol:

Looks like you have a really tough job, cypress. I'm fairly green with envy this morning.

Chulita, the way most people I've heard use it means a "hottie". Bonita, on the other hand, is a well respected woman. Either way, when I got back, last night I found that one of my brangus bonita's had a dead heifer calf. I would have rather not gone to Puerto Rico, and been there for my brangus girl when she needed me.

This is shaping up to be a very bad year for me, calf wise. I've had 5 and two died before I could get to them. Still have many more to go, just don't like the starts of it.

Aplus, I'm manager over Quality and Shipping at our plastics plant. There have been many times when I've been in upstate New York this time of year. This is actually the first time I've been to Puerto Rico. It was nice, but business always first. Then after that we went out in 'old San Juan and had a blast. Crowder wouldn't have had any fun, though, none of the women fit his type. Not very many were a BCS 9, lets put it that way.

Hey Cypress, looks like it was a real pretty place to be stuck working. LOL A couple of days at the beach would be a welcome change.

You poor thing, the next time you have to go someplace as awful as that, I'm sure you could get one or two of us here on the board to take your place, then you won't have to be subjected to the beach, a hotel with all the services, etc. ;-)

Katherine

This is shaping up to be a very bad year for me, calf wise. I've had 5 and two died before I could get to them. Still have many more to go, just don't like the starts of it.

Are you sure you're not having problems with "Phosgene" from the plastics plant? Maybe "Chlorine" gas? :lol: :lol:

Here at our GE plant. "They leaked a Ton in '91"

Workinonit Farm":3ev10tnk said:
Hey Cypress, looks like it was a real pretty place to be stuck working. LOL A couple of days at the beach would be a welcome change.

You poor thing, the next time you have to go someplace as awful as that, I'm sure you could get one or two of us here on the board to take your place, then you won't have to be subjected to the beach, a hotel with all the services, etc. ;-)

Katherine

I bet he had a pink hat and chaps on down there wanted everyone to know he has in Gas/Oil and cattle.
Gas on his belly oil on his hair and cow on his boots.

Caustic Burno":1osw8rcs said:
I bet he had a pink hat and chaps on down there wanted everyone to know he has in Gas/Oil and cattle.
Gas on his belly oil on his hair and cow on his boots.

Those are the pics he's not posting. ;-)

Katherine

Sorry, can't post all of the pic's. I was amazed at how much attention I'd get by saying that I knew Caustic, Crowder, and Warpaint. You guys must have tore it up down there before, cause they were acting like they were straight out of a "girls gone wild" video.

Crowder, is that true what they told me you could do with a bottle of tequilla?

cypressfarms":1pppll84 said:
Sorry, can't post all of the pic's. I was amazed at how much attention I'd get by saying that I knew Caustic, Crowder, and Warpaint. You guys must have tore it up down there before, cause they were acting like they were straight out of a "girls gone wild" video.

Crowder, is that true what they told me you could do with a bottle of tequilla?

I am surprised that they even allow Americans to visit now after them three been there. Hopefully you did your best to improve our relationship with Puerto Rico after their visit. :)

You sound like me, I'd rather be there with my cows making sure calving is going safe and sound than being down in Puerto Rico. No wonder people think that I am a little odd. :lol:

Latest posts