Publix and Wendy's Marketing

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
The Publix thread got me to wondering whether or not the boneless chicken wings at Wendy's come from humanely killed chickens. And are they "free range chickens". And what is this "Genuine Amber Honey" they keep talking about? Is this sorta like Genuine USDA inspected beef some of the finer restaurants advertise? If I don't find the answer I think I'll corner the beekeeper and ask him what kind of dye he's putting in the honey he gives me each year. Don't want to go dying from some carcinogenic dye used just to make the honey look like genuine amber honey. Oh, and btw, is the genuine USDA inspected meat any better than what we normally eat? If so, do you know anyone who sells Genuine USDA inspected chickens? I think I really need to be educated in this stuff. :lol2:

Jogeephus":2ae1us3w said:
The Publix thread got me to wondering whether or not the boneless chicken wings at Wendy's come from humanely killed chickens. And are they "free range chickens". And what is this "Genuine Amber Honey" they keep talking about? Is this sorta like Genuine USDA inspected beef some of the finer restaurants advertise? If I don't find the answer I think I'll corner the beekeeper and ask him what kind of dye he's putting in the honey he gives me each year. Don't want to go dying from some carcinogenic dye used just to make the honey look like genuine amber honey. Oh, and btw, is the genuine USDA inspected meat any better than what we normally eat? If so, do you know anyone who sells Genuine USDA inspected chickens? I think I really need to be educated in this stuff. :lol2:
:lol2: :lol2: Labeling. That's funny.
I imagine they caved to PETA or HSUS and instituted a "program to insure correctness" among their chicken wing suppliers. People who might actually buy the boneless chicken wings at Wendy's probably don't give a flip whether the chicken was happy to the end.

Every Chicken sold to and by Publix , Wendys or pretty much any US producer has passed under the gaze of a USDA inspector. I think they "inspect" about 70 to 140 birds a minute. Sounds difficult but I think it works pretty well in practice. The inspector can see the birds coming up the line for a good while and let me assure you, if a bird looks even a little different form the other thousand or so on the line, he is out, no questions or second chances. The line workers who cut up the chickens inspect each part again and if it don't look just right... out it goes. People told me when I got in the chicken business " You won't ever eat chicken once you see inside a processing plant" They were WRONG! I continue to be impressed at how humane, clean and efficient our plant is. And I eat chicken a lot. And love it. I know it sounds like they're paying me...but really that's my experience.

Crackerplease":2aa58yd8 said:
Every Chicken sold to and by Publix , Wendys or pretty much any US producer has passed under the gaze of a USDA inspector. I think they "inspect" about 70 to 140 birds a minute. Sounds difficult but I think it works pretty well in practice. The inspector can see the birds coming up the line for a good while and let me assure you, if a bird looks even a little different form the other thousand or so on the line, he is out, no questions or second chances. The line workers who cut up the chickens inspect each part again and if it don't look just right... out it goes. People told me when I got in the chicken business " You won't ever eat chicken once you see inside a processing plant" They were WRONG! I continue to be impressed at how humane, clean and efficient our plant is. And I eat chicken a lot. And love it. I know it sounds like they're paying me...but really that's my experience.

So the animal rights propaganda that some of the chickens get missed at the kill and scalded alive is totally false?? I figured they were just publicizing the worst case scenario that happened 1 time out of many thousands. But now it sounds like they just made it up altogether.

MO_cows":7sdcfgug said:
So the animal rights propaganda that some of the chickens get missed at the kill and scalded alive is totally false?? I figured they were just publicizing the worst case scenario that happened 1 time out of many thousands. But now it sounds like they just made it up altogether.

I would imagine it probably has happened before but what has happened even more common are the animal rights groups creating false films, false data, false pictures to rial the public and get donations. Remember, they have to work on the public's sympathy to stay in business and they are very good at this.

The animal rights folks could say that the mondern chicken farmer is much more loving than the chicken producers in the past since the modern produce offers the chickens protection from the ghastly gruesome death from birds of prey. Of course, this probably wouldn't yield any "love offerings". :mrgreen:

Boneless chicken wings sounds like genetic engineering gone bad. When I hear commercials like that, it makes me think that they are raising chickens with no bones in the wings. How can it be a true wing without a bone?

Deceptive advertising once again.

But then, I'm just an a$$.......... :mrgreen:

grannysoo":l49ah73g said:
But then, I'm just an a$$.......... :mrgreen:

Yes, this is quite obvious. I think you and I need to take a class in citizenship and become good commrades.

As for the boneless wings. I haven't tried them yet but I wonder if they are anything like the Chicken McNuggets. I had a friend who did some research on McNuggets before they hit the market. Turns out they are actually more nutritious than regular chicken but he said if you ever watched the process of making them you might not ever want to eat them. According to him, the whole bird - bone and all - was ground up into a gruel like substance and pressed out into the shapes. Sounded nasty but I do agree they taste pretty good.

I think I'm going to try some "wild caught shrimp" this weekend. Don't think I've ever had these before. Bit more expensive but they gotta be good. :nod:

we as farmers should have our chickens and beef and hogs deboned at the vet, why a boneless ham sells for a premium. and after paying the vet a few $100 looking at the customer cost. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts