Public showers

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.

Reaction score
Would you ever make your kids use a public shower? (I don't mean with stalls I'm talking open floor)

I've always been taught to not worry about how other people raise their kids! but the kids where very uncomfortable with it and their parents just thought it was funny! I know the family very well and their good parents but this incident really bothers me I've been trying all day to just forget about it but I can't and the more I think about it the more it bothers me!

I wouldn't let my kids use a public shower if they wanted to and I sure as heIl wouldn't make them if they were uncomfortable with it

Sure didn't have shower stalls in gym class when I was in jr high or high school.
Times (and people) have changed tho.

I guess no one goes skinny dippin anymore unless they can each have their own little piece of the creek to themselves?

greybeard":1hxprdp9 said:
Sure didn't have shower stalls in gym class when I was in jr high or high school.

I guess no one goes skinny dippin anymore unless they can each have their own little piece of the creek to themselves?
Ditto

ez14.":b14bxm28 said:
Would you ever make your kids use a public shower? (I don't mean with stalls I'm talking open floor)

I've always been taught to not worry about how other people raise their kids! but the kids where very uncomfortable with it and their parents just thought it was funny! I know the family very well and their good parents but this incident really bothers me I've been trying all day to just forget about it but I can't and the more I think about it the more it bothers me!

I wouldn't let my kids use a public shower if they wanted to and I sure as heIl wouldn't make them if they were uncomfortable with it

I wouldn't. Creeps are everywhere, of any age. Pedophiles were kids once too.

dun":2pcxixld said:
greybeard":2pcxixld said:

Ditto

X3, I was a three sport athlete, not a good one, but always had practice after school plus gym classes. Never thought twice about it. Not saying you should force your kids, but the kids could have worn shorts, underwear, etc.

Open showers in Jr high, high school, college, military and 90% of gyms I have trained in as an adult. Time to put some coping mechanisms in these youngsters tool boxes...or go through life smelling? But seriously, what's the youngsters hang up with showering in public? Body image issues? Fear for safety?

bball":3fvcucxe said:
what's the youngsters hang up with showering in public? Body image issues? Fear for safety?
Clumsy with the soap maybe?

I feel like ez feels. Plus, you never know what kind of perv is out there. Best to shower at home, or in a stall.

M-5":1653ypa3 said:
HAHA , More Pusification, They must not of inherited the right Genes. High school , Basic training, Even in the local gym I still shower without stalls
Things like basic training and the local gym are completely different! You are an adult you knew ahead of time and you signed up for it! Having your girls (8 9 and 12) taken by surprise using a public shower with a bunch of old ladys they don't know is just wrong

This guy has a daughter from a previous marriage that he hates how she dresses (rather immodest) but he has very little control over due to the situation! It would be retarded to think that these girls Won't have any issue with dressing just as immodestly! After all your telling them it's ok to show their naked body off

bball":1ouifzet said:
Open showers in Jr high, high school, college, military and 90% of gyms I have trained in as an adult. Time to put some coping mechanisms in these youngsters tool boxes...or go through life smelling? But seriously, what's the youngsters hang up with showering in public? Body image issues? Fear for safety?
They don't like seeing all the other people naked in the shower with them!

There are a lot of things kids don't like to do that parents should make them do because it's good for them! But using a public shower is NOT one of them

It was normal when I was in high school. I haven't been in a gym or military since. I wasn't aware it had changed. Everyone has their own shower now?

My view is it's one of those parts of growing up. and wether uncomfortable or comfortable, I don't see a problem with it.

I was not an adult in school and it was very common for the modest ones to wear underwear. Your a Young EZ and some of the most modest women you'll ever meet showered together in the 50's 60's and so on. It has only become an issue with the latest generations turn everything into perversion. Walking around in public naked is showing a body off. taking a shower is not. Don't ever go to Europe because I hear that the bathrooms are communal and its all right there in front of you.

ez14.":3tw6xwib said:
bball":3tw6xwib said:

There are a lot of things kids don't like to do that parents should make them do because it's good for them! But using a public shower is NOT one of them

Teaches em to look folks in the eye's... :D

Wait, how will making them take a public shower ONCE cause these girls to dress "immodestly" ? Seriously, this seems like quite the overreaction to something most of us had to endure while growing up.

callmefence":2sk8rw21 said:
ez14.":2sk8rw21 said:
bball":2sk8rw21 said:

Teaches em to look folks in the eye's... :D
ok i got to give it to you that was a good one :lol:

M.Magis":279aq6i4 said:
Wait, how will making them take a public shower ONCE cause these girls to dress "immodestly" ? Seriously, this seems like quite the overreaction to something most of us had to endure while growing up.
once probably wont but if you cant see how encouraging people to go naked in front of other people could lead to such behavior your an idiot! and nothing i could say is going to change that
M-5":279aq6i4 said:
I was not an adult in school and it was very common for the modest ones to wear underwear. Your a Young EZ and some of the most modest women you'll ever meet showered together in the 50's 60's and so on. It has only become an issue with the latest generations turn everything into perversion. Walking around in public naked is showing a body off. taking a shower is not. Don't ever go to Europe because I hear that the bathrooms are communal and its all right there in front of you.
just because you encourage bad behavior doesn't mean they will all turn out bad but it sure as heck wont help

ez14.":1gymx8pp said:
probably wont but if you cant see how encouraging people to go naked in front of other people could lead to such behavior your an idiot! and nothing i could say is going to change that
Good grief, you seem a bit delusional. I'm curious if you'd have the same opinion if they were boys instead of girls. But like you said, it's none of your business.