Public Service

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
If you have time to send a PM, remember to remind Angie tonite to take the turkey out of the freezer and bring it into the frigerator to thaw. She has had some problems with this timing in the past, and I'm sure she'll appreciate the reminders Thursday morning. Her family is really nice, and they'll appreciate it too. :)

john250":13mofmes said:
If you have time to send a PM, remember to remind Angie tonite to take the turkey out of the freezer and bring it into the frigerator to thaw. She has had some problems with this timing in the past, and I'm sure she'll appreciate the reminders Thursday morning. Her family is really nice, and they'll appreciate it too. :)

Gawd I remember that! I think I will send a call out to her kids to come up this way for the holiday meal and I'll bet they will appreciate that more. Unless of course they want raw turkey with sides such as, green jello salad with bananas diced in it with a nice cool whip topping. Along with that side salad I'm sure she will by out the local store of it's stove top stuffing of which she will make some additions from the back of the cupboard. Mashed potatoes will be a must I'm sure, I'm also sure we will find her out in the neighbors potato field digging up any leftovers from the harvest. This of course she will do sometime mid afternoon on Thanksgiving. In order to make her son feel better about the latest squirrel he shot, she will add that in there somewhere. Dessert, would be yet another rendition of the jello salad with cool whip.

Don't forget about using the old syringe "that was used to treat the cat" to infuse the turkey . :yuck:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am sure she has everything under control ! :D

Happy Thanksgiving :tiphat:

And remember, to remove the paper bag of giblets from the inside of the bird BEFORE ya stick turkey in the oven.
Brown Paper is not a spice.
:hide:

(my daughter can tell ya all about that)

Oh just listen to the jokesters!! MM this year for Thanksgiving I am having a clever layered jello salad made in (get this) cupcake pans so every person can have there own! My grandma used to drain sauerkraut and mix it in the jello, for an interesting taste combination. No one has made it since she died mysteriously in an accident involving alcohol and open wires, but I know my family would be pleased to see the tradition carried forward. If you try this at home with homemade sauerkraut, I recommend cutting the kraut first or it looks like tape worm, and no one wants to see that on the table too. And I have a new twist on the old favorite green bean hotdish ~ how 'bout tossing some marsh mellows on that, huh? Betcha you wish you had thought of that? (I can see all the people reading this grabbing for their grocery list to add multiple colors of jello ~ remember you heard it here first! :nod: ).

About the syringe HD, if you leave the syringe in the junk drawer long enough, whatever the sick cat might have leached onto it dies after a few days (very much like the sick cat did). I'm sure the junk drawer is a hostile environment. I have found an assortment of things that used to be alive curled up in the back of the junk drawer so this is more than a theory.

Speaking of things resurrected ~ Thanksgiving is a time of reflection. A time to consider and count our blessings. I would surely like to take this opportunity to thank John250 for calling forth this experience for a new generation of CT members to share and enjoy. Thank you, John, for your assistance in making sure my turkey turns out this year. It is my fondest wish that your goose will get cooked before the weekend is thru....... :nod:

angie":1aydcppz said:
Oh just listen to the jokesters!! MM this year for Thanksgiving I am having a clever layered jello salad made in (get this) cupcake pans so every person can have there own! My grandma used to drain sauerkraut and mix it in the jello, for an interesting taste combination. No one has made it since she died mysteriously in an accident involving alcohol and open wires, but I know my family would be pleased to see the tradition carried forward. If you try this at home with homemade sauerkraut, I recommend cutting the kraut first or it looks like tape worm, and no one wants to see that on the table too. And I have a new twist on the old favorite green bean hotdish ~ how 'bout tossing some marsh mellows on that, huh? Betcha you wish you had thought of that? (I can see all the people reading this grabbing for their grocery list to add multiple colors of jello ~ remember you heard it here first! :nod: ).

About the syringe HD, if you leave the syringe in the junk drawer long enough, whatever the sick cat might have leached onto it dies after a few days (very much like the sick cat did). I'm sure the junk drawer is a hostile environment. I have found an assortment of things that used to be alive curled up in the back of the junk drawer so this is more than a theory.

Speaking of things resurrected ~ Thanksgiving is a time of reflection. A time to consider and count our blessings. I would surely like to take this opportunity to thank John250 for calling forth this experience for a new generation of CT members to share and enjoy. Thank you, John, for your assistance in making sure my turkey turns out this year. It is my fondest wish that your goose will get cooked before the weekend is thru....... :nod:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol2: :lol2: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now that the tears have cleared from my eyes----I can sign off---and rush to the grocery store to purchase several packets of multi-colored Jello and get out the cupcake tins. :lol2:

Katherine

angie":30fxs1jq said:

We're not having goose. But thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping to gain 5 lbs of badly needed weight. :tiphat:

maxine-cartoon-on-thanksgiving.jpg

If I'd known that was all it takes----------------I'd have brought a raw one the 1st year and got off easy ever since...........

Latest posts