Public School used to be so simple.

Help Support CattleToday:

Our daughter in Jr high, was selected to be quarantined by the school....... again. This is finals test week!

Yes, public school.

We started homeschooling using Classical Conversation and other resources a few years ago. Best decision we ever made. One example, my 10 year old knows more about the English language than most high school graduates. We shouldn't give our kids over to the state and rely on them for education. It's our job as parents to educate our children.

Thanks for your service!!

Very Republican for your state. Is that fairly new?
Open enrollment has been an option for at least 20 years now. In fact, myself and all of my siblings utilized the program at one point or another, and my daughter is open enrolled currently. The district we reside in would be reason enough for us to move at this point if she was forced to attend there. From my perspective, open enrollment's benefits outweigh its downsides.

Curious why a teacher would work for 1/2 the pay and no benefits.
Neither do I. I'm not familiar with a lot of private schools, but with the ones I am, it's retired teachers who teach there. Nobody could survive around here teaching at a private school.

I just had four large oak trees removed from around my house. Everyone on the crew were old men, the guy running the job was 76. He said can't find anyone to work with the current unemployment payments.
Not to long ago you could have had people fighting to take them for the firewood.

It won't be long before we will wish we had any workforce at all.
There is a true statement. There is also a difference in uneducated and improperly educated. They teach them just not a damn thing that does anybody any good. Common sense and problem solving are like Calculus back in the day. Precious few know anything about it.

Open enrollment has been an option for at least 20 years now. In fact, myself and all of my siblings utilized the program at one point or another, and my daughter is open enrolled currently. The district we reside in would be reason enough for us to move at this point if she was forced to attend there. From my perspective, open enrollment's benefits outweigh its downsides.
I'm glad we don't have open enrollment in the county where I live. It would be bad for property values.

We started homeschooling using Classical Conversation and other resources a few years ago. Best decision we ever made. One example, my 10 year old knows more about the English language than most high school graduates. We shouldn't give our kids over to the state and rely on them for education. It's our job as parents to educate our children.
I agree with you! Educating the children is the parents most important job. My wife and I homeschool our children also. We use a program, which makes it much easier to stay on track. The kids get report cards; everyone knows what to expect. It goes pretty well.

I was homeschooled in the mid 80s and early 90s. Most people I talked to didn't know what homeschooling was then. It seems the general public is much more accepting of homeschooling these days. At one time homeschooling was even prohibited in some states. For all know, it may still be.

The is a big difference in private schools and each type school has different backgrounds of teachers. In the private elementary school that I went to, most of the teachers were Catholic Nuns, over the years there it became increasingly parents of students there. My wife taught at 2 church schools that were not Catholic but were part of the kinds of church's she grew up in. They actually have a practice of recruiting young women that are graduating from their kind of colleges and bringing them in some cases from across the country as a ministry. My wife received offers from a church in Florida and on in Ohio, she was from Oklahoma. She took a teaching job in Ohio, and also worked as a janitor just to get by. She later got a position at another similar school in a different city in OH. After we married she got a position at a different denomination church school. She and other teachers ran into all kinds of issues there, and after she finished out that year she decided that teaching wasn't for her anymore. That school has an extremely high turnover rate of teachers.

Latest posts