pto slip clutch

Help Support CattleToday:

danl

Reaction score
My uncle has an old 10' howse cutter that I worked on for him a couple of years ago. I put new discs in it. I saw him the other day and he loaned it to someone and said he thinks the clutch needs adjusting now.

I bet they burned the discs up. Can those old slip clutches with the belleville washers in them be replaced with the more modern slip clutches that have 6 springs and bolts?

They last time I worked on it he said if I fixed it I could keep at my place and use it, because he bought a new one. I am thinking about trying to buy it from he real cheap and fixing it and not letting it go anywhere.

danl":lspsczrb said:
My uncle has an old 10' howse cutter that I worked on for him a couple of years ago. I put new discs in it. I saw him the other day and he loaned it to someone and said he thinks the clutch needs adjusting now.

I bet they burned the discs up. Can those old slip clutches with the belleville washers in them be replaced with the more modern slip clutches that have 6 springs and bolts?

They last time I worked on it he said if I fixed it I could keep at my place and use it, because he bought a new one. I am thinking about trying to buy it from he real cheap and fixing it and not letting it go anywhere.
those factory clutchs are high dollar,, i bought clutch asm. at tractor suppley for around a 100.00 and sorta retrofit it ...

Mower_001.jpg
[/url][/img]
I finally got that old cutter back and the discs are shot. Bought new ones.

Does anyone know what those angle pieces welded on one of the metal plates is for? Mine are missing, this picture is not my clutch I just copied off another website.