proud to be a cattleman

Help Support CattleToday:

david922

Reaction score
I now have 3 bull calfs on the ground,all from hefiers,easy calving,thank God.I have 2 more that is due any time.They are all Black Angus,and sucking good,I`m so proud.Rochelle,Georgia :banana: :banana:

david922":835isnie said:
I now have 3 bull calfs on the ground,all from hefiers,easy calving,thank God.I have 2 more that is due any time.They are all Black Angus,and sucking good,I`m so proud.Rochelle,Georgia :banana: :banana:

Good on ya David. I hope the next couple of hundred come just as easy! :clap: Have one on me :drink:

You are the road to a long life, about the time you get your herd where you want it we die.
The kids will then spin the wheels halfway to your house and skid the other half with $$$$ sign's in there eyes.
What we have worked a life time to achieve will be in the auction barn the first auction aftr the funeral.

Your post reminds me of my first day in an economics course for non econ majors at the U of Wisc.

The professor drew a graph on the board with age in years along the horizontal X axis. He drew personal net worth in dollars on the Y axis. He drew a curve which started at a net worth of zero and as you get older went up then went down crossing the zero axis at some unlabeled age on the X axis. He then drew in a vertical line at the average life expectancy

The professor then said something like "the key to success is not how high this net worth curve goes, but rather getting the curve and life expectancy line to cross zero at the same time" or something to that effect. Enjoy your cattle while you are here. Have the sale yourself.

May we all be able to pull it off.

Caustic Burno":1wch9e8w said:
You are the road to a long life, about the time you get your herd where you want it we die.
The kids will then spin the wheels halfway to your house and skid the other half with $$$$ sign's in there eyes.
What we have worked a life time to achieve will be in the auction barn the first auction aftr the funeral.
CB, if that was all I had to look forward to, I'd have killed myself after the kids went their separate ways and made a life for themselves. I don't know how you even get up in the morning. gs

plumber_greg":105p3fgt said:
Caustic Burno":105p3fgt said:
CB, if that was all I had to look forward to, I'd have killed myself after the kids went their separate ways and made a life for themselves. I don't know how you even get up in the morning. gs
I didn't have to wait. My kids enrolled in college.

plumber_greg":2y5f49rw said:
Caustic Burno":2y5f49rw said:

I see it happen here everyday. Go to so and so's funeral the next week at the auction there are his cows.
His equipment is being sold off and the farm is on a internet real estate site. This X generation or whatever they are calling them has no use for a farm other than the $$$ they can get for it. There are a few exceptions but not many. They want instant gratifcation and want it now. They worship things that really have no value but come thick or thin they will die trying to keep up with the Jone's.

dun":1nsbiywi said:
Ah, the beginning of a cattle empire!

I ended mine about 9pm yesterday. Sold everything on the place to a friend I've been "dickering" with for about 2 weeks. Finally settled on everything and enjoyed a hard earned :drink: :drink: or two to celebrate afterward...suppose to pick everything up tomorrow. Now I can get back to my regular job of singing the national anthem at the "clandestine" cock fights around the area. :lol: :lol: AND I might check into some of those high bred "corriente cattle". Looks like a goldmine to me.

I see it happen here everyday. Go to so and so's funeral the next week at the auction there are his cows.
His equipment is being sold off and the farm is on a internet real estate site. This X generation or whatever they are calling them has no use for a farm other than the $$$ they can get for it. There are a few exceptions but not many. They want instant gratifcation and want it now. They worship things that really have no value but come thick or thin they will die trying to keep up with the Jone's.

I just feel truly blessed to be doing what I enjoy at this point in my life. Life's so short. At funeral time It'll make little difference to me what they do. Hope whatever they decide makes them happy as well.

Congratulations on your calves david922, enjoy them.

fitz.

TexasBred":1nbczbdj said:
dun":1nbczbdj said:

I ended mine about 9pm yesterday. Sold everything on the place to a friend I've been "dickering" with for about 2 weeks. Finally settled on everything and enjoyed a hard earned :drink: :drink: or two to celebrate afterward...suppose to pick everything up tomorrow. Now I can get back to my regular job of singing the national anthem at the "clandestine" cock fights around the area. :lol: :lol: AND I might check into some of those high bred "corriente cattle". Looks like a goldmine to me.

You better buy back a few or we will be throwing dirt on you, as you have the curse.
It is a flaw in our DNA the lack of a cow to elevate our blood pressure cause's premature death.

CB seems every POS kid around here owns a horse, an aluminum trailer and a dually.....they're always looking for roping calves. I figure I can get me a bunch of those corrientes cheap and let them kids grow'em out for me. I figure they'll gain about 50 lbs. in 6 months. Make my money on the gain. As tough as they are no need to worry about "death loss" or nothing like that. :lol2:

All kiddin' aside. I'll have a few old trader cows on the place by this tiem next week. They should keep me busy, doctoring, pulling calves, fixin' fences,etc.

TB, nothing better than a 6 cock tournament. I used to follow the circuit, when I raised frost greys and butcher reds. Really enjoyed the knife fights, more than the gaffs.

papavillars":34d1u1e4 said:
TB, nothing better than a 6 cock tournament. I used to follow the circuit, when I raised frost greys and butcher reds. Really enjoyed the knife fights, more than the gaffs.

Were the knife fights between the handlers? I remember seeing cockfights and dogs too around the racetracks when I was young. There were a lot of bad stuff outside the rings also.

TexasBred":f8o3p7hk said:
dun":f8o3p7hk said:

:shock: you sold those good lookin' Brangus beauties? Has the sellers remorse set in yet? :shock:

No remorse Iso. They're still here til tomorrow but no backing out. The buyer has come by here already tho just to "look" one more time.