Protein tubs?

Help Support CattleToday:

RoanDurham":17y28uw4 said:
Blatant foolishness. Do yourself a favor and look up the nutritional value of dormant Bermuda.

My cattle will STAY a full bcs point higher throughout the year when given access to quality tubs than they will without them. I personally get much more satisfaction appraising my cattle in a BCS of 6 than in a BCS of 4.5-5. Quantify that.

My prediction is that the cold hard facts of life will eventually quantify any and all blatant foolishness. :nod:

Carry on! :p

Indeed. Life has a funny way of separating those of us who are investment minded away from those who view every outflow as an expense.

Speaking of funny ways, has anyone seen NC Liz around lately :?: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, those of us who make our living in the cattle business learned the differerence between an outflow and a hemorrhage many years ago.

RoanDurham":397odon5 said:
Blatant foolishness. Do yourself a favor and look up the nutritional value of dormant Bermuda.

My cattle will STAY a full bcs point higher throughout the year when given access to quality tubs than they will without them. I personally get much more satisfaction appraising my cattle in a BCS of 6 than in a BCS of 4.5-5. Quantify that.
Most learned long ago that dormant bermuda was worthless thus we feed hay cut in it's prime. A bit of an expense but not $800 a ton. Even mediocre hay does not require a huge amt. of supplementation. Cattle are expected to lose some body condition during winter months. Seldom affects them at all other than you might not like their lean hard working appearance. Hopefully you're feeding the low moisture cooked tubs with low limited consumption.

Here I'll say this again: Without tubs, it'd cost me more in fuel to make daily rounds than the cost to actually feed them the feed.

Cotton seed cubes may be $300/ton cheaper, but the cost TO feed them (for me) would pencil out to well over a grand/ ton total cost.

Yes, I feed the purina high energy cooked tubs.

Latest posts