prostate problems

Help Support CattleToday:

That's the one thing I've never had trouble with and never will. :banana:

My dad had prostate cancer back in 2006. He went in and had surgery where they did the radioactive seed implants. He recovered nicely. Deno, if you want someone to talk to about this pm me. :)

My dad has for years. He's had a surgical procedure to "widen the road", so to speak but otherwise he's never had surgery on his prostate. They keep an eye on his test numbers and he takes Flomax with good results. I hope you see a doctor if you have not already.

If your 40 or over, it has already started enlarging. If you haven't had it checked by the doctor, you should. If you live long enough, you will also get prostate cancer. Some just get it at an earlier age than others.

See the doc!

i know serveral guys that has had prostate caner.an some have had the surgery.an some have taken the belly shots.1 friend had it for 18yrs before he died with bone cancer.

I've heard there are a lot more issues, problems than the simplistic reports, etc. say. LOL. Not something to be taken lightly (if one is in their "prime")... (Urologists also lie...lol!)

Yep...a patient had the cancer removed...ok.

But...oops! Did he get accidentally neutered? Destroyed the brain connection to the Johnson (or vice versa)? (always thought in the male species the brain caused desire and results? lol.) Is it an issue of "mind over matter" (or) "matter controls the mind"... Granted with livestock, if a bull is neutered it removes desire (libido); however, prostate surgery merely removes it but doesn't technically neuter the guy).

On a sidebar: If, for example, someone has a hand amputated, then their "brain" still knows their other hand is still there and has things to do (as well as having a memory or awareness of a phantom hand at the end of the stump). Just because someone cut the electric line doesn't mean that the "source" of the electricity died too. (probably a bad analogy).

If that's the case with (brain, thoughts control the tool) and the brain doesn't communicate interest or desire, then the guy becomes a "Court Jester", or a (insert your own word)... There are numerous cases of males who become "seriously" impotent (due to stress, anxiety, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, etc.) due to psychological and substance abuse problems). So, in these cases, the "thought process" controls the tool...and, one would hypothesize that in the case of prostate surgery, the "brain" would still produce desire and frustration? over the ED issue...????

Guess all the issues of prostate cancer need to be taken for what they are worth. Weighing the pros and cons of having it done: As in "do you want to possibly live longer without cancer (or) kill the cancer and forever and ever dribble, lose the libido, and of course add one's name to the ED list"...lol.

Just some random thoughts... Prayers and sympathy go out to anyone who has been diagnosed (and/or treated or surgery) for prostate cancer.

Some thoughts to ponder...

Running Arrow Bill":ncid95pw said:
I've heard there are a lot more issues, problems than the simplistic reports, etc. say. LOL. Not something to be taken lightly (if one is in their "prime")... (Urologists also lie...lol!)

Yep...a patient had the cancer removed...ok.

But...oops! Did he get accidentally neutered? Destroyed the brain connection to the Johnson (or vice versa)? (always thought in the male species the brain caused desire and results? lol.) Is it an issue of "mind over matter" (or) "matter controls the mind"... Granted with livestock, if a bull is neutered it removes desire (libido); however, prostate surgery merely removes it but doesn't technically neuter the guy).

On a sidebar: If, for example, someone has a hand amputated, then their "brain" still knows their other hand is still there and has things to do (as well as having a memory or awareness of a phantom hand at the end of the stump). Just because someone cut the electric line doesn't mean that the "source" of the electricity died too. (probably a bad analogy).

If that's the case with (brain, thoughts control the tool) and the brain doesn't communicate interest or desire, then the guy becomes a "Court Jester", or a (insert your own word)... There are numerous cases of males who become "seriously" impotent (due to stress, anxiety, alcohol abuse, drug abuse, etc.) due to psychological and substance abuse problems). So, in these cases, the "thought process" controls the tool...and, one would hypothesize that in the case of prostate surgery, the "brain" would still produce desire and frustration? over the ED issue...????

Guess all the issues of prostate cancer need to be taken for what they are worth. Weighing the pros and cons of having it done: As in "do you want to possibly live longer without cancer (or) kill the cancer and forever and ever dribble, lose the libido, and of course add one's name to the ED list"...lol.

Just some random thoughts... Prayers and sympathy go out to anyone who has been diagnosed (and/or treated or surgery) for prostate cancer.

Some thoughts to ponder...
Ouch !!!! Guess it's time for the rectal---Only check the PSA !! :roll: :roll:

talldog":hyjqslrb said:
Ouch !!!! Guess it's time for the rectal---Only check the PSA !! :roll: :roll:
Just make sure that when you get the finger wave that he doesn;t have both of his hands on your shoulders.

My doc wanted to keep talking like everything was just normal even brought his trainee in for instructions. I really didnt feel like chit chatting at the time.

Had a blood vessel break on mine about 8 yrs ago, happened while I was laying in bed watching TV.IT BURNED LIKE HE[[ FIRE. Other than that I have been pretty lucky. Heck most of the time I don't even have to get up in the night.

Having said all that I will tell you that my Doctor says it's not a matter of if the vast majority of us WILL get it but WHEN we will get it. If you even think you have a problem get to the Doc.

BTW last time I had the exam after what seemed like way too long I looked back and said "bout done" he responded that he would be done soon. I answered that that was not a question but a statement of fact :nod:

Buena suerte Amigo, Buena suerte.

The last time Steve had a digital rectal exam his doctor said, "Don't worry. I have small fingers."

Latest posts