Pros and Cons of Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7":1jhulvt4 said:
...if anything AAA has caused everyone to focus on carcass quality more so than in the past...

I appreciate the tone of your post. However I think your above statement should be more accurately rephrased:

...if anything AAA has caused everyone to focus on hide color more so than in the past...

Jim

cross_7 - I agree. It always amazes me how negative people are of the CAB. I, as a Simmental breeder, love the CAB premiums I get. I generally retain ownership on 6-8 steers & Cornell feeds them out, so I have benefitted from our black hided PB Simmentals.
And, as pointed out, they have done a tremendous job promoting BEEF. Yes, the general consumer THINKS they are eating Angus beef. Oh, well, AAA has done there job.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1yqyzxaz said:
cross_7 - I agree. It always amazes me how negative people are of the CAB. I, as a Simmental breeder, love the CAB premiums I get. I generally retain ownership on 6-8 steers & Cornell feeds them out, so I have benefitted from our black hided PB Simmentals.
And, as pointed out, they have done a tremendous job promoting BEEF. Yes, the general consumer THINKS they are eating Angus beef. Oh, well, AAA has done there job.
Right, like it's been said it what the market wants. I raise soybean, not kidney beans, because it's what the market wants. If you don't like how that market is, then lose that extra .05-.10 a pound see if the buyer cares.

pros there are some good angus calves , cons , calve sired by any other breed will be most likely heavier at weaning time , angus sired calves dont have the thump as a whole like a calf sired by a Limousin or Simmy , especially in a predominatly angus herd of Commercial cows. They are very good cows ,

Latest posts