Property Hunting

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Going property hunting for some land for my mum. Going to have a look at some land near where my mum lives about three hours drive away. Have a few to look at. Keep you posted. I'll have to pay upwards for of $400,000 for about 50 to 100 acres. This is for decent land on the Clarence River. The land has to be majority flood free and definately the house has to be high and dry.

Colin

Australian Cattleman":d573zp8b said:
Going property hunting for some land for my mum. Going to have a look at some land near where my mum lives about three hours drive away. Have a few to look at. Keep you posted. I'll have to pay upwards for of $400,000 for about 50 to 100 acres. This is for decent land on the Clarence River. The land has to be majority flood free and definately the house has to be high and dry.

Colin
Sounds like the area you're in is pretty high priced. Getting like that everywhere I guess. I saw a 130 Acre farm get auctioned off in tracts, not long ago, and it brought $720,000.00 with no improvements.

Century 21 has an 80 acre place for sale down the road from me. Has a rickety old single wide on it and 2 stock tanks. Property is over run with mesquites. Asking price - $265,000.00. :roll:

Neighbors place just went up for sale, just shy of 20,000 acres asking price is 700 per acre. Was told the owner is looking for 10 to 12 million total on the place. Course it has new house, corrals, barn and fencing. Wish I had the millions to buy it.

The property prices down here in florida is crazy! 1/4 acres lots with an average house on it with lake access are going for $800,000. You can barely even find acreage anymore. My family was looking into buying a ten acre lot on a spring fed lake a while back for $310,000, and it was bought by a developer and he is looking to divide the property up into like 22 tracts and sell them for $275,000 each. It is really getting ridiculus and every month the number of houses in my city grows by I believe about 10%.

Latest posts