proper attire-Cowboy Funeral Services

Help Support CattleToday:

spinandslide

Reaction score
A friend of ours died earlier this week. His services will be at the Cowboy Church. I was told to wear "western" attire...Is this acceptable? Ive never been to a cowboy church before..

Dark colors still apply?

spinandslide":2jsuot75 said:
A friend of ours died earlier this week. His services will be at the Cowboy Church. I was told to wear "western" attire...Is this acceptable? Ive never been to a cowboy church before..

Dark colors still apply?
why not a western dress.. but dont think that "cowboy" means you have too go too the extreme..... you'r not going too a costume party'

Acceptable? When people start telling me how to dress at a funeral, is when I would stop going. As they say, funerals are for the living anyways,

thanks everyone..Im not talking costume cowboy..Im talking jeans(Cruel Girl/Wrangler) nice shirt and mabey a hat..for me.

My husband..I dont think he has a black suit...:( He might have some black jeans and a white shirt though..

Western Dress-Ive got a royal blue skirt..Im thinking that might be to bright?

I hate attending funerals..:( Mike...its so much about people at the funeral sadly...:(

spinandslide":1tum3tbi said:
thanks everyone..Im not talking costume cowboy..Im talking jeans(Cruel Girl/Wrangler) nice shirt and mabey a hat..for me.

My husband..I dont think he has a black suit...:( He might have some black jeans and a white shirt though..

I hate attending funerals..:( Mike...its so much about people at the funeral sadly...:(

Yep, I dont know anyone that really likes attending them. Your husband sounds like me.. dont own a black suit, but wear what you feel comfortable in. Heck.. at one of my uncle's funerals, my cousin drove up on her Harley motorcycle, wearing her blue jean shirt, black leather jacket with fringe, and black leather chaps around her lady wranglers, and black boots.

Limomike":a4gv5avj said:
spinandslide":a4gv5avj said:

Yep, I dont know anyone that really likes attending them. Your husband sounds like me.. dont own a black suit, but wear what you feel comfortable in. Heck.. at one of my uncle's funerals, my cousin drove up on her Harley motorcycle, wearing her blue jean shirt, black leather jacket with fringe, and black leather chaps around her lady wranglers, and black boots.

Mike, I just never seem to get it right in funerals..as far as "proper" dress..Im either under or over dressed.

Im thinking the broom skirt would be good, but am concerned that its royal blue.

I know Mark wouldnt have cared, but I worry what his family might think.

Showing up is what's important. I wouldn't wear ragged jeans or a T-shirt, but anything clean and presentable should be fine.

If somebody is going to be offended by reasonable clothing worn to a funeral, then I don't even want to know them, and wouldn't waste my time going to the funeral.

Those cowboy churches are usually pretty casual. Dress like you'd dress for any other funeral, especially since you don't attend that church normally. Rest assured you will see some costume cowboys there.

thanks all..I think Im going to go with the broom skirt and my black sweater duster, I feel it will be OK based on what Ive read here and been told.

I guess I dress cowboy for every funeral and wedding cause I wear a pair of jeans a hat and a white button down shirt what I wear most everydayexcept fpr the white shirt I regardit this way they never seen me in anything but that when they were alive so why should I dress up when they are gone

spinandslide":1b5geqlf said:

Dark colors still apply?

Never been to a "cowboy church" period but figure "anything goes". A funeral might be a little more "dressy" but wouldn't necessarily have to be "cowgirl". Heck I wear jeans, boots and a sports shirt to church all the time...throw on a jacket in the winter. I figure Father Ed has his Wranglers on under his vestments regardless.

Wear A Ten Gallon Hat & Boots and nuttin else :hat: Quarantee they won't be telling anybody how to dress anymore.

ROCK-N-W":84fsa00c said:
Wear A Ten Gallon Hat & Boots and nuttin else :hat: Quarantee they won't be telling anybody how to dress anymore.

Hey! How'd you get Flaboy's picture on your avatar? :lol:

Latest posts