Prolick

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I hope someone out there can direct me to some research results of cows eating liquis protein supplement. I have found lots of results from steers on summer grasses but nothing for supplement brood cows in the winter. Any info would be helpful. Thanks ya'll.
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1zdle87p said:
: I hope someone out there can direct me to some research results of cows eating liquis protein supplement. I have found lots of results from steers on summer grasses but nothing for supplement brood cows in the winter. Any info would be helpful. Thanks ya'll.<p>
<br>

(User Above)":3biueb99 said:
: I hope someone out there can direct me to some research results of cows eating liquis protein supplement. I have found lots of results from steers on summer grasses but nothing for supplement brood cows in the winter. Any info would be helpful. Thanks ya'll.<p>We feed liquid protein feed during the winter in Texas. It is a good source of energy during very cold weather. The protein source is urea and I have been cautious about it's use. Our cows and replacement heifers have all the dry matter, hay,<br>they want when offered this type supplement. Make sure the supplier is confident the mixture will remain mixed and not separate. Some folks prefer to use bagged supplement and do just as well.<br>
<br>

We use a product called QLF (Quality Liquid Feed) for our cows in the fall and winter. It is 40% protien and the urea content is time released, so they don't get it all at once. It has some ingredient that makes it slower to digest, allowing the cow to get more good out of it. We have used for 4 years now and have been pleased with it.
<br>

(User Above)":2eu4683k said:
: : I hope someone out there can direct me to some research results of cows eating liquis protein supplement. I have found lots of results from steers on summer grasses but nothing for supplement brood cows in the winter. Any info would be helpful. Thanks ya'll.<br>I would be cautious about spending my money on a high protein NPN(non-protein nitrogen) , aka urea on a low grain diet. You are probably wasting a lot of your money, and just running a lot of the ammonia through the cow. I just looked it up to make sure from my college (Colorado State) feeds and feeding textbook, and I quote"Urea is not usually considered a satisfactory nitrogen supplement for low quality roughages" Carbohydrates from grains are necessary for the chemical reaction to occur to make urea of any use to the animal. If you want to feed liquid, we feed a by pass protein liquid that is only half urea, and the other half blood and feather meal protein sources. I don't feed our cows any liquid, but prefer cottonseed or soybean meal.<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts