Prolapse

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have a 3 year old beef master that should be 2 months from calving.She is prolapsed.I don't know if she aborted or what.I've seen a prolapsed cow,but never had to deal with one.Do I need to push it back in my self or will it draw up on it's own?
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Is she vaginally prolapsed or a full uterine prolapse? A full uterine prolapse is the whole uterus hanging out. It will be out to her hocks. If this is the case then you need a vet ASAP! It needs to be very carefully cleaned and pushed back in and she needs to be sutured. My vet gives an epidural anesthesia for this. If it's not done properly it could twist and render her sterile. It could also get infected as well. If it's a vaginal prolapse then a vet is a good idea as well. Again he will just suture her vagina closed. It can lead to a whole lot of problems as well such as infection. A vaginal prolapse is a reason to cull while a full uterine prolapse isn't. The differance being that a vaginal prolapse will in all likely hood repeat again next year and also likely pass that on to her daughters. A full uterine prolapse happens during calving from pushing too hard and will probably never happen again. Hope this helps you out a bit... Good Luck !<br>Janet
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]