Professor HOSS

Help Support CattleToday:

It went very well this morning. I gave a 40 minute presentation with an additional 20 for Q&A. I had put together slides with allot of pictures from my farm which they were all interested in the workings of. I concentrated on covering the bases of beginner cattle terms to food, digestion, handling, reproduction, meat grades, animal health and farm life. I also gave an overview of AI. The students really seemed to enjoy it. None had ever been exposed to cattle as all came from big cities in the middle east or Asia. I made sure I facilitated allot of class interaction by asking them questions as well. I got allot of questions on genetics which was cool. One question that was interesting was one student wanted to know what was the major differences between the cattle that he had seen in his country vs what he sees here. He couldn't understand why cattle here didn't have big humps and long ears :lol:

I had a blast and wasn't nervous at all. I was very comfortable with the subject matter. The students really enjoyed the lecture and want me to come back and go into detail on A.I. and genetics which will be cool. I would do it again in a hearbeat.

Public speaking isn't that bad as long as you know your subject inside and out. Knowing your subject allows you to be flexible in your talk and go in the direction questions and interest might lead you. Sounds like you did well.

Jogeephus":3tjv9tww said:
Public speaking isn't that bad as long as you know your subject inside and out. Knowing your subject allows you to be flexible in your talk and go in the direction questions and interest might lead you. Sounds like you did well.

Great job Hoss and Jo you are exactly right

Maybe you can share your PowerPoint with us...

Good luck, and I'd say its an honor for you and a testament to your beef biz acumen.

Latest posts