Professional Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I feel I do a pretty good job of taking photos, but I sure wish I actually had a talent for it. I think a good photographer has the ability to really show how a cow looks.

Our partner at Upchurch just got pictures for his sale on October 6th he decided to get an updated photo of our SAV Abigale 913, heck I got excited about her all over again. We have calves due out of her the first of October ( the 8th to be exact) out of Resource, Sensation and Reign doing a happy dance!

Gizmom

It is very difficult for a person by themself to get a good pose. When I get them about where I want them, they turn around and walk over to me. Lol

NEFarmwife":2mqpp26e said:
I consider myself an avid hobby photographer. And I can't, for the life of me... get a decent pic of a cow or bull.

That there is a darn good photo!
I've seen as most have good pictures of bad cattle,,and bad pictures of good ones..."""not this cow she's a fine one ""but a good photo will do wonders...I've been to sales before where the sale catalogue did the cattle more justice,then they looked in the pens or coming through the ring...

I make up for my lack of talent by sheer quantity.. I take about 2000 pics a year on average.

I find some animals just naturally pose and others you just can't get a good shot.

ALACOWMAN, I'm always weary of pictures of animals in 10" of straw, can make any leggy animal look deep and long when you cut off half their legs.. Gizmom's photo shows the entire animal and she still looks great.

I was surprised by a bull they had advertised at a Hereford sale a few years back..wasn't to impressive looking in the catalog, but he was a eye popper when he hit the ring...

Thanks for the kind words on the cow we are really excited to own a part of her. 76 she is a 09 cow would say she is a 5 to 5 1/2 frame cow I have no idea what she is weighing she has been at our partners farm since last March. She is really deep and wide for sure Net Worth sure put some width and muscle into her. She is currently bred to Bruin Torque which should be an excellent mating. I can't wait to see the calves out of here in October. I would lik to flush her to Extension after she calves.

Gizmom

NEFarmwife":1p5a11ka said:
Speaking of sale photos... anyone ever catch some photoshop errors where they smoothed out the back of bull and it blurred or distorted the fence/background?
Seen sheaths on Brahman influenced Bulls, that had been cleaned up..

ALACOWMAN":37fvdvgb said:
NEFarmwife":37fvdvgb said:
Speaking of sale photos... anyone ever catch some photoshop errors where they smoothed out the back of bull and it blurred or distorted the fence/background?
Seen sheaths on Brahman influenced Bulls, that had been cleaned up..
That was merely the bull after he got genomic test results back! Trying to get phenotype to match genotype. ;-) Livestock pictures are no different than pictures of toys in the old Sears wishbook. Pictures build anticipation and help to boost sales for sight unseen. So they need to look their best and have wonderful EPDs. Marketing at it's best, ... or worst. You'll find out later if you buy.

NEFarmwife":thi1np16 said:
Very common......they have a good cow....then they go and try to make her perfect. Very few photos are not touched up in some way.

TexasBred":s5bf7lhj said:
NEFarmwife":s5bf7lhj said:
Very common......they have a good cow....then they go and try to make her perfect. Very few photos are not touched up in some way.
gotta get my drivers license renewed this month,, wish they could touch up my pic on it,,,alway look like coming off a month long drunk...

ALACOWMAN":2mqjcivo said:
TexasBred":2mqjcivo said:
NEFarmwife":2mqjcivo said:
gotta get my drivers license renewed this month,, wish they could touch up my pic on it,,,alway look like coming off a month long drunk...
Bammy just hire somebody to fill in for you. Works for me. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Jeanne

I think a lot are taken on halter, I don't think this one was she isn't halter broke. Alabama I always look old and over weight in my DL photo. Maybe it's becaude I am old and over weight but dang not near as old and fat as that photo!

Gizmom

Nesikep":3ufxb1mp said:
I make up for my lack of talent by sheer quantity.. I take about 2000 pics a year on average.

I find some animals just naturally pose and others you just can't get a good shot.

ALACOWMAN, I'm always weary of pictures of animals in 10" of straw, can make any leggy animal look deep and long when you cut off half their legs.. Gizmom's photo shows the entire animal and she still looks great.

Nesi I don't like pics or videos in deep straw. It makes me wonder what they are trying to hide. I like to see pics in a bare lot of just 1-2" of straw of wood chips.

Latest posts