Profanity and Pseudo-Profanity

Help Support CattleToday:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
These Boards are not a honky tonk at midnight. We have ladies and kids reading these posts.

Clean up your language or take your comments elsewhere!

You have been warned. :stop:

dang, TCM57, no offense intended but chill out a little (or a lot!). Why don't you sit down on the porch with a nice cold cream soda or your beverage of choice; admire your cattle, the fall colors in Tenn. and just enjoy the day and your lifestyle. Why would you let comments by a few folks over the internet bother you so much? You've grown a thicker hide than that in your 50+ years, haven't you? Don't take all this message board stuff so seriously. (and for the record, I think you misinterpreted a few comments a week or so ago -- as I read some of the posts I didn't get the impression that anybody doubted you had 105 large bales of hay in the barn; seems to me that they threw the BS flag as a result of a few other items that you posted)

Best wishes. AZ

i remember macon locked one of your post cause it got out of hand i think he does a pretty good job myself not taking his side but you got one more short fuse get in there with the rest and go with the flow ;-)

TCM57, Sometimes people on this board are just poking at each other a little. Although I don't see the faces, I feel like I have friends on the board. Yep, we take a crack at each other once in a while. No big deal to most of us. We occasionally question a statement to clearify things. I think Macon does a heck of a fine job keeping this site in order. Usually when someone gets hammered here they asked for it repeatedly. As a fellow Tennesseean, just take it easy. Lots of fun and knowledge to be found here. 8)

Thanks Macon,

I think you did what you had to do, and I support it. If someone gets so mad at a post that they have to use profanity, can't they pm the person???

Why post vulgar/profane comments at all. Yes in the "joke" section there are some adult type jokes, but we hav women and kids reading these posts.

If us country, down to earth folks, can't set an example for kids to follow (and to not offend others), then who can? We're quickly running out of morals in our country. I would think that this would be one of the places where there would be morals.

TCM, I'm not sure that the post was directed at you. It appeared one day after someone made a rather crude comment about a calf's testicles that was uncalled for. It may have offended some of the lady folk. Just my guess.

Sorry for the soapbox yall.

TCM,

Even if it was directed at you, couldn't you just pm the person that p.o'd you and settle it off line? if your secure about what you do, and have confidence in it (which I'm sure sure you have and do), what does it matter what other people say? I wouldn't want my daughter trying to find info about showing calves to look on here and see some of the stuff that goes on. I'm not saying it's just you either, I think we all do it. Well, maybe not MSSCAMP, I've never seen a bad word posted from her.

Just my opinion, no one has to agree.

Macon -
Thank You! Being a woman myself, I really don't need all the profanity. I believe in the country life and know that a lot of these people would not use this language if I were standing in front of them. Respect is one of the great things about the country. All would do well to remember that women, children, and our elders are on here and speak accordingly. I also think you do a great job keeping things in hand. You don't come down too harsh but step in when needed. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Macon - really appreciate it.

I've surfed a lot of forums and seen a lot of boards and moderators... there's one thing I really like about this one and that's the way it's moderated. I've seen everything from a non-existant moderator or no moderator, to the moderator stepping in and posting questions and opinions to different posts. Both ways have always ended up in total disaster. Macon, IMO you've done a great job of simply keeping an eye on things and stepping in when needed. No complaints here. Some folks may not always like the moderating, but this board is one of the best I've come across because of it. Thanks again.

D.R. Cattle":j2w4zf6t said:
What exactly is "pseudo-profanity". Better to ask than to assume.

My guess is, when letters are mixed with symbols to "create" the illusion of a bad/nasty/inappropriate word. Like the letter a followed by dollar signs.

Thank you Macon.

Katherine

With the variety of people that participate from youngsters to those that are in the crone and foggie class and everything inbetween, if it's kept to what you would say to somebodys grandmother on the church steps, things should be smooth

dun

I agree that profanity, slander, & liable should be left to "one on one in person" to the person (without witnesses). People sometimes forget that everything on a message board can be accessed via Google and other engines.

Remember: "Sticks and bones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me". Correct or incorrect, conversation is just that: "Conversation." If one has a chip on their shoulder, takes comments personally, or has a "short fuse" then perhaps they should just go out and watch their livestock and refrain from nasty comments.

This board is for information and fun. It should not be a "War of the Worlds" among participants. Just because someone is 100% committed to their livestock breed, way of doing things, or whatever, doesn't mean that anyone that disagrees with them is illiterate, stupid, or insane! Earth is a big place with a lot of open range...guess there is room for everyone as long as they don't get carried away and infringe on other's rights, ideas, practices, lifestyle, as well as run down someone else's program.

;-)

D.R. Cattle":tfx1sn31 said:
What exactly is "pseudo-profanity". Better to ask than to assume.

Heck if I know, but I like the sound of it! ;-)

Katherine is right, it's when you use a similiar word for for a profanity. Like "Shrew you!" or "S*rew you!".

Latest posts