Procrastination?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jalopy

Reaction score
After seeing LS and 3way's post about cutting back on procrastinating I thought I would share how sometimes procrastinating is good. On November 19th I got a notice that we had to move our mail box to the other side of the road as the postal service was changing the route. If I did't get it done by 12-05-09 I would have to pickup mail in town and pay box rent at the post office. Okay it is free delivery, and it is harvest time, and the ground will freeze soon, so I for once in my life do not procrastinate and get out and dig up the post and dig a new hole and move it and get it done within 3 days of receiving the notice and a week early. The second day I get mail in the box and it is a note from the postmaster that the higher ups had changed their minds and our mailbox should stay where it was. Had I followed my normal routine of procrastinating I would have saved my self extra work. So sometimes procrastinating is a GOOD THING. :) But evrybody needs exercise right?

The only exercise some people get is flying off the handle, procrastinating and jumping to conclusions.

Jalopy, on the same note I had another cow have twins. Late yesterday I found one of the calves abandoned in another pasture and it was unsuccessfully bawling for its ma by the fence. I said a few choice words regarding twins then picked it up and started to carry it to its ma. Unfortunately, the herd didn't like the looks of this came running to see if they couldn't make a mud pie out of me so I just tossed the calf over the fence and said goodbye to Buzzard Bait. Went to feed this afternoon and lo and behold both calves were nursing their neglectant mother. Not sure if this is procrastination or benign neglect but it worked well for me this time.

Well procrastination bit us in the butt today. Been needing to add more insulation to the attic. Didn't get around to it this fall, we were too busy building the new pole barn. Hubby decided to go ahead and do it now to get the energy tax credit for 2009 taxes. And don't ya know the blown insulation was on sale. So yesterday afternoon he picked up the insulation and the blower machine and this morning we started in. It was only about 10 degrees outside, but busting up the bales and trying to keep the hopper full was enough work to make me sweat inside my parka while my face was getting frost bit.

Latest posts