problem with scrolling pages

Help Support CattleToday:

suzorse

Reaction score
any one else having this problem, with the page jumping you back to the top , when viewing a thread ? it is driving me nuts , as I can not even read the thread as it thinks I need to read the adds at the top only , it is like there is a giant gremlin on cattle today, as this is the only place this happens
same as dropping letters / keystrokes when I type
Suzanne

I believe it has to do with the Google app that is controlling the ads at the top of the page. I forgot the name of it. Something like quick flash or something like that. If you look at your task manager it appears its running something in the background and is eating up a lot of the system. About 3 times what other pages use. You can go in task manager and end this process but that's only a temporary fix. Its in conflict with microsoft software. Google blamed microsoft and microsoft blames them. I fixed mine a few weeks ago but its now gone back to doing it after the computer updated itself. It was an easy enough fix but I can't remember the name to google the fix. Maybe someone can offer some better advice on how to fix it. Not only does it screw your scrolling up but it can sometime cause delays in the response time when you type. Its aggravating for sure.

I've got AdBlock, which is free off the www, and I don't get any ads at all and no scrolling or other problems. If I wanted to see an ad, I could pause AdBlock. I think I did that once.

greybeard":b64kplc7 said:
FYI--Shockwave Flash is an Adobe program--not a google program.

right enough but I think what the guy was saying is its inbedded in Chrome and there is a glitch that should have been worked out before they put it out there. He was blaming google for allowing them to stick it in there ....or that's how I understood it.

For this site on my iPad I ditched chrome and went back to using safari. Pretty much use the computer only if posting pictures.....or get up and find something productive to do when it starts getting annoying if I'm on the computer.....

I do not think I have that on my computer , but will try to go threw it and see , I had downloaded adblock but it wanted me to disable my Microsoft security essentials in order for it to work
so I had removed it
Suzanne

Look in your Browser Add-ons... It will be called Adobe Shockwave Flash. If it shows that its enabled, that's what is causing your problems.
Click on disable, your problem should be solved. You may need to do it again after future MS updates. Its and adobe program, but Microsoft gave it to you :?

Security Essentials is pretty worthless anyway, IMO.

flash player is a program, but not an add on.

if you are using IE
click on the tool icon in the toolbar at the top
Select internet options
Click on the programs tab
Select manage add-ons
it will be listed under toolbars and extensions as a MS 3rd party extension
click on it to highlight it, and then click on the disable button

If you're not using explorer, you can do the same thing from your pcs control panel/internet options

suzorse":3jw10pz2 said:
thank you CottageFarm I found it and disabled it , so hope it works
Suzanne

That did fix it for me, so hopefully for you too!
I'm watching for it to pop back up again after MS updates in the future

Latest posts