Probable cause to get pulled over by the cops.

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms

Reaction score
My daughter hit another deer, her 5th in 4 years, so I'm rebuilding her car again. She's been driving my old farm truck it's a
92 Ford F250 4x4 diesel with over 445k miles. She got pulled over because the truck supposedly looked dangerous. I drove the truck to Kentucky, Florida and all over middle Georgia within the last year without any problems. She ended up getting a verbal warning for no rear view mirror, even though the truck has tow mirrors on it? He checked all the lights, brakes, tag, registration and insurance. I'm going to find out if a cop needs probable cause to pull you over, and what that consists of Monday. She must of been profiled, a pretty white girl driving a old truck.

callmefence":36krs3hc said:
Repeat offender. Obviously a menace to society. They need to throw the book at her.
Fenceman this is her fist time ever to be pulled over by the police. She's been through a couple of road blocks but hasn't got a ticket yet for anything.

True Grit Farms":2ivq023x said:
callmefence":2ivq023x said:
Repeat offender. Obviously a menace to society. They need to throw the book at her.
Fenceman this is her fist time ever to be pulled over by the police. She's been through a couple of road blocks but hasn't got a ticket yet for anything.

I was ribbing you grit. I would never pick on a members family.

I can't believe you have a truck with no mirror. How can watch your six?? :D

callmefence":3ot40n3r said:
True Grit Farms":3ot40n3r said:
callmefence":3ot40n3r said:

What is my six? You drive a real truck how many times do you ever look out the back of the truck? I still use my side mirrors for everything. When I was actually working it seemed like I always had something on the bed blocking my view.

True Grit Farms":15hofywl said:
callmefence":15hofywl said:
True Grit Farms":15hofywl said:

What is my six? You drive a real truck how many times do you ever look out the back of the truck? I still use my side mirrors for everything. When I was actually working it seemed like I always had something on the bed blocking my view.

Your six would be the behind the ears area.

callmefence":ihaawmbr said:
True Grit Farms":ihaawmbr said:
callmefence":ihaawmbr said:

Your six would be the behind the ears area.
Oklahoma didn't stop that one.

I agree with TG on this one. I had a nephew who lived in OK but went to school in KS. A deputy in our county would sit by the gym and when he would come out after football practice would follow on his tail the 17 miles until he crossed the state line and the officer would weave back and forth. Finally after about 7 trips he stopped him and said he crossed a white line. My sister and I both had called the sheriff and he wouldn't talk to us. After this we went to a county commissioner and she had a letter from a lawyer. Needless to say the commissioners had a meeting and it stopped. 4-5 years later another deputy went to work where I work and he helped me for a few years. He knew all about it. Seems that they had a game going between them to see how long it would take to get a driver to cross the white line. He said my nephew was one of the longest. Needless to say I let him know what I thought about it. About 2 years ago I had one follow me that way. After about 2 miles I just pulled over. He went on by then after I completely stopped. I called the sheriff's office and reported it. No more issues. I have no issue with being stopped for a legit reason. As my coworker said there are many reasons they can give and you can't prove otherwise. I know a friend who got stopped for no rear view mirror. He has a cake box so wouldn't do him any good if he had one. I support LE but there are some in that profession like all proffessions that cross the line and when they do they need to be reminded they need to follow the laws also.

i was 16, scared kid.. had a state highway patrol ride about 2" off my bumper with his brights on.. I didn't know it was a cop, because his brights were blinding me. I thought this guy was goign to ram me off the road. I had the cruise set to 55 and was just trying to get home from work.

After about 10 miles of him ramming up to me 2" off my bumper and driving all crazy.. cherries and berries lite up. Told me I was in my 'marked lane' and gave me a ticket for it.. I said.. what did I do? go to left.. go to right? NOPE.. you were traveling in your marked lane.

"judge will throw it out when he sees it"

uhh.. nope.. he didn't.. any ticket given to a juvenile carries a exact punishment no matter what.

90 days w/o a license..

I like to hit those yellow reflectors in the center line, see how many in a row I can get. Drives my wife crazy. Haven't been stopped by the police since 1982.

My wife reminded me of another issue our daughter had with the Sheriff department a few years ago. She was at a party in the middle of the woods and most of the kids were drinking, and alot were under age. Well living in a small town the Sheriff dept. called the parents to come and pick their kids up. I thought that was a good thing till we got there and they were threatening to arrest my daughter. She was 18 years old and just standing up for her right to drive her car home, and demanded to why she couldn't. And a cop telling her because "I said so" didn't fly. When we got there we had her blow into some kind of apparatus that the Sheriff dept had that measures your blood alcohol level. She blew a zero, and then I wanted to know why she couldn't drive herself home. The cops told her she had a bad attitude, and boy did they peg that. But that's still no reason to push your authority around on kids, especially when their smarter than you and sober.

ga.prime":2itknpjx said:
I like to hit those yellow reflectors in the center line, see how many in a row I can get. Drives my wife crazy. Haven't been stopped by the police since 1982.
My wife hates that too. My daughter hit another deer on Jaybird Springs road, that makes the 5th one between her and my wife have hit on that road. They claim the deer ran into them, but it's always the front of the car that's tore up.

True Grit Farms":1en1nxn6 said:
ga.prime":1en1nxn6 said:

My wife hates that too.

Must be a local thing. My wife tells me "No other idiot would ever do that on purpose and think it is funny." Wait till I tell her SHE IS WRONG :lol2:

JMJ Farms":hqsd78uy said:
True Grit Farms":hqsd78uy said:
ga.prime":hqsd78uy said:

My wife hates that too.

Must be a local thing. My wife tells me "No other idiot would ever do that on purpose and think it is funny." Wait till I tell her SHE IS WRONG :lol2:
When your wife tries to ignore you and looks out the side window while your driving, just hit the horn and brakes at the same time. I have mine trained to look for deer for me while I'm driving, I just wish she'd pay as good attention when she's driving.

True Grit Farms":3gtq4efj said:
JMJ Farms":3gtq4efj said:
True Grit Farms":3gtq4efj said:
My wife hates that too.

When your wife tries to ignore you and looks out the side window while your driving, just hit the horn and brakes at the same time. I have mine trained to look for deer for me while I'm driving, I just wish she'd pay as good attention when she's driving.

:lol2: Used to have a friend who was terrible about going to sleep while he was riding. Whoever was driving would hit brakes, blow horn, and holler out whoa or something similar. He would bout shyt himself and then get fighting mad :lol2:

Latest posts