Prince Domino As A Yearling

Help Support CattleToday:

Herefords.US

Reaction score
PrinceDominoYrlg.JPG

A picture I hadn't seen before. I just found it in a brochure that had been inserted into an old Stribling Sale catalog from 1941 that I had bought off of eBay years ago.

Here's the accompanying write-up by Mr. Stribling:
PrinceDominoWriteUp.jpg

George

Seeing and reading old photos and recollections such as these always leaves me in awe of the Great Breeders. It also makes me realize... Couldn't they have done a he77 of a job breeding cattle if they would have just had some EPD's to work with!

That looks like quite a find, George. He appears to have very good comformation. I think I remember Jim Lents writing that he believed Prince Domino Misch was the best or most influential bull in breed history. I believe Prince Domino was his sire.

1914 Hereford":dxb2rd4n said:
Seeing and reading old photos and recollections such as these always leaves me in awe of the Great Breeders. It also makes me realize... Couldn't they have done a he77 of a job breeding cattle if they would have just had some EPD's to work with!
i wonder about that, back when cattlemen could rely on their on common knowlege and experience,,,and today with all the tools avalible and still no perfect animals

Enhanced it a bit on the computer and it looks like.

Prince Domino No. 499611
Sire Domino No. 264259 Dam Lady Stanway 9 No. 171354 by
Beau Brummel No. 51817 ...by Otto Fulscher ...

I know Otto Fulscher bought Prince Domino as a 6 month old from Gudgell & Simpson. Here is a photo of Prince Domino as an adult. Just a note, it was very common in those days to retouch photos. They were especially fond of rounding the hindquarters. You can clearly see that in the second photo I've posted (Prince Domino Mischief).

princedomino.jpg

And here is Prince Domino Mischief
princedominomischief.jpg

Herefords.US":1t48ua3q said:
I wonder which picture of Prince Domino is reversed?

George

The markings on the neck match up really well, I would say. I think I like him better as a yearling.

Latest posts