Priefert head gate ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have the SO4 with Model 91 headgate. When the head gate handle is pushed all the way up, the gear box (company calls them the patented Infinite Lock Box) locks the door in the open position.

Thanks Ron! I'll look at that soon. I knew there was a way and that makes sense. I suppose you just push it up again to release it?

Kingfisher":s5ecti0d said:
Thanks Ron! I'll look at that soon. I knew there was a way and that makes sense. I suppose you just push it up again to release it?

No. You pull down and break the gear box hold. It is a light tug to break the grip. Door goes shut. Easy. Nice design.

inyati13":1e4ppjq7 said:
Kingfisher":1e4ppjq7 said:

No. You pull down and break the gear box hold. It is a light tug to break the grip. Door goes shut. Easy. Nice design.

X2

If it's the auto one disconenct the closing spring (lver that sits in a notch at the top of the hanlde) or you'll never get it to stay open.

dun":aouds3vj said:
If it's the auto one disconenct the closing spring (lver that sits in a notch at the top of the hanlde) or you'll never get it to stay open.
This is correct. I have one and chose to place a (about) 18" dowel across the top when I wanted the gate to just stay open all the time. I have come to somewhat dislike the auto option--it's a finicky catch at best.

greybeard":o7epojjn said:
dun":o7epojjn said:
This is correct. I have one and chose to place a (about) 18" dowel across the top when I wanted the gate to just stay open all the time. I have come to somewhat dislike the auto option--it's a finicky catch at best.
Both of mine I just pop thatbar/rod/whatever out of the notch to bypass the spring and have never had an issue.

dun":rmrkk4e7 said:
greybeard":rmrkk4e7 said:
dun":rmrkk4e7 said:
Both of mine I just pop thatbar/rod/whatever out of the notch to bypass the spring and have never had an issue.

Yea I wondered about that rod too. I'll look at that. Dang thing didn't really come with an operator manual and there isn't much usefull on the website. Thanks for all the replies.