pricing sisal 16000 ft.

Help Support CattleToday:

rjbovine

Reaction score
I've been pricing baller twine . 42.00 per bale in the best I've found so far. Bought for 38.00 last year. Anyone else pricing ? rj

People still use that stuff? Cattle prices must be good. I quit after it went to $40, I can't be spending thousands on twine.

Aaron":eja3bhi3 said:
People still use that stuff? Cattle prices must be good. I quit after it went to $40, I can't be spending thousands on twine.

And I can't afford the extra 3 hours a day beating the ice off bales in order to remove twine nor do I expect my crew to.

I saw it listed $45 at a local business a few days ago. Probably carry over, but I have used it before. I probably should have bought it.

i picked up 20 rolls last year for 8 bucks a roll when hay season was over., guess i should of bought it all .

gcreekrch":3uqafyze said:
Aaron":3uqafyze said:

And I can't afford the extra 3 hours a day beating the ice off bales in order to remove twine nor do I expect my crew to.

I'm with you on that Gcreek. On top of that, just wait until the discbine gathers some poly that was missed at feeding time up under the turtles and takes out seals and bearings. Cattle prices need to be good to deal with that, not even counting down time.

M-5":27guxya6 said:
Just checked at my dealer and poly 20 roll is 34.00 , he said they would be running a special in month or so.
Rural King and Ag Supply has 20k for $20 right now. I'm sure our Vermeer dealer will be a few of dollars higher, but such is life.

Silver":1m21qsvh said:
gcreekrch":1m21qsvh said:
Aaron":1m21qsvh said:

I'm with you on that Gcreek. On top of that, just wait until the discbine gathers some poly that was missed at feeding time up under the turtles and takes out seals and bearings. Cattle prices need to be good to deal with that, not even counting down time.

So what price point does it take before you say no more? $100 a bundle? $120? What if we were back at $800 calves?

Aaron":3jav4h1s said:
Silver":3jav4h1s said:
gcreekrch":3jav4h1s said:

So what price point does it take before you say no more? $100 a bundle? $120? What if we were back at $800 calves?

Can't say for sure Aaron, but at this point my feeling is that if my operation isn't profitable enough to buy a few pallets of sisal then it's time to close up shop.

Latest posts