Prices,Prices,Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve":13b0hed2 said:
True Grit Farms":13b0hed2 said:
Mexican ribeyes were $8.99 this week at Harvey's. They were good looking steaks and well marbled. I don't like saying that.

How can u tell their are Mexican?

We ask Evan the meat manager. These were nice steaks and I would of bet a c-note the beef was not Mexican beef.
We will not buy imported beef, and try not to buy any imported food really.
Just goes to show you, if you don't ask you don't know.

Good heavy 4wts and light 5wts were back in to the low 1.50s today. I sold some late cut 880lb Herefords last week that I had bought and banded 6 weeks ago in the .90$ range weighing 800lbs, they brought 1.18$.

denvermartinfarms":fofr84co said:
Good heavy 4wts and light 5wts were back in to the low 1.50s today. I sold some late cut 880lb Herefords last week that I had bought and banded 6 weeks ago in the .90$ range weighing 800lbs, they brought 1.18$.

Hey Denver. Been missing you. That's good to know. I personally think they are gonna trade sideways for a little while, with slight ups and downs. What's your thoughts?

denvermartinfarms":ny2mybme said:
I agree with that, steady to soft through October and then head up a little.

I'm thinking as of right now that I may hold my calve still January. This may not be the right thing to do. But I've got plenty of feed and I'm thinking of gambling.

denvermartinfarms":m7hd83e9 said:
steady to soft through October and then head up a little.

Different than the last couple years... I plan to ante up after the duck hunting opener. :nod:
Fall bottom here is usually around Thanksgiving.
Top winter market here is usually the second week of January.

Just spoke to a friend that lives in Missouri, he said that the bred cows weren't doing good at the sale barn yesterday. Quality reds averaged $800 while the blacks averaged $1,100. I've keep eye on the feeder prices here and it's not looking good. Think I'm going to hold on the calves and culls till December.

Steers

Avg Weight------------Range----------------Avg Price
380-----------------$140 to $149------------$144.92
420-----------------$138 to $145------------$142.66
460-----------------$135 to $137------------$136.00
518-----------------$121 to 131-------------$126.05
565--------------------------------------------$121.00
700--------------------------------------------$125.00

Pocahontas, AR 9/21 2016
192 feeder calves

Muddy":3kff2ijv said:
Just spoke to a friend that lives in Missouri, he said that the bred cows weren't doing good at the sale barn yesterday. Quality reds averaged $800 while the blacks averaged $1,100. I've keep eye on the feeder prices here and it's not looking good. Think I'm going to hold on the calves and culls till December.

Kill price is about $800 for a medium sized cow... Did you order any?

What were bred heifers going for?

I would love $2.00 per lb for my calves right about now.

prices_zps5wxvyxe9.png

FRI 10-28....Sat at the sale for several hours to get a good feel for the prices. Steers Few smaller 3 wts in the 1.20 to 1.35; 4 wts in the 1.10 to 1.35 range. 5wts mostly 1.05 to 1.15; bulls up to .25 less than steers. Funny thing is the 6's and 7's were as much as the 5's or more...1.06 to 1.18 and some 8's brought 1.19. Heifers were up and down but mostly 3wts were .80's; 4wts were .80 to 1.00 most in the upper 80's and mid 90's They stayed pretty constant right up through the few 8 wts at .80 to .90. Didn't stay for the cull cows. Prices were lower for several weeks then last week were up a bit and seemed to hold steady this week at last weeks uptick. We sold 20, 420 lb avg steers off the farm for 1.20lb. privately 2 weeks ago; and felt we did as good as we could for the way the market had been. He took the red steer that would have been discounted .20 at the sale even though he was a nice steer. So considering we were satisfied and they weren't weaned. This guy buys about 60-70 in the fall about sept/oct and runs them through next june/july and said he would rather buy them direct so this may be something we can do again. He has bought some of ours through the sale before; we had him come out and look at them in the field first so he could see what they were and the cows etc. We have sold a few direct over the years, but mostly take them to the sale after having a problem getting paid. This couple took the weigh tickets from the truck scales, before and after and paid us on the spot. I certainly hope they do good so that we might be able to sell some next year. Problem is we have had nearly 75% heifers born in our fall calving cows so won't have too many steers to sell...

Look at aarons post under sale, god bless him that he could turn down 2.04 for the lightweight steers he took in and brought them back home. Right around here we would've been running to the bank to cash that check after the way they have fallen off....

farmerjan":1za18gjf said:
Look at aarons post under sale, god bless him that he could turn down 2.04 for the lightweight steers he took in and brought them back home. Right around here we would've been running to the bank to cash that check after the way they have fallen off....
That's Canadian prices, not United States.