Price of Tack

Help Support CattleToday:

purecountry

Reaction score
I was just wonderin' what you folks would consider fair price for a new Hackamore? Or a used one for that matter. I'll do the Canadian conversion, so whatever you've paid at sales or in supply stores would do. I'm just amazed at what some shops are askin for them up here. IF you can find one that is. I walked into a big chain 'WESTERN" store - who's initials are: L.A.M.M.L.E.'S. - oops - and after talkin to 3 airheads - cute, but airheads nonetheless - the only woman in the store came along and actually knew what I was talking about. How do you go about getting a job in a Western Shop? Do you just have to have that figure for painted-on jeans and long lashes to bat at customers? Different strokes I guess. :roll:

I know what you mean, ask a question and get a blank stare.

I have bought alot of the tack that I won't use much on ebay pretty cheap and i have never got stung. Meaning I would never buy a saddle, but have bought foal blankets and small halters etc.

Alan

Depends what you are looking for. I have 2 mechanical hack bits that I bought from G&E in Edmonton, I am going to guess at the prices until I can go out and check in the daylight. The short shank was 22.00 the long 29.00. No cute "fluffies" to deal with either. It seems to me bosals were a bit pricey.

UFA is fairly reasonable on some things as well, my Morgan mare was used to a copper mouth Tom Thumb (I know yuck) I had to buy one, 13.95 there.