price of feed

Help Support CattleToday:

its hot an dry here now.cows still eating grass havent touched the hay yet.from what ive seen .most p;aces are in a drought.scott

area area area!!
if i could buy feed here in az for what it costs me in oklahoma i could make a lot more money!!!!!!! but shipping costs prevent me from buying there and bringing it to az!!!!! ends up about the same price!!!!!!!
area area!!!!! :D :D :D

We get 13% beef ration $117.00 a ton in 3 ton lots. They do well on it. We have the feeder set pretty low so they don't eat themselves silly and still graze most of their meals.

I will make you a walking floor load Bigbull for 110 per ton. 13%beef ration. When do you want it delivered? Give me your shipping instructions.

Corn - 12/cwt
Barley - 11/cwt
Oats 10-12/cwt
Cottonseed - 8.50/cwt (bulk)
Barley/corn 50/50 - 6.40/cwt (bulk)
mixed feed Purina Show Chow 19/cwt
mixed feed Purina Growena 20/cwt

um...that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

la4angus":3cz3ccx2 said:
ollie":3cz3ccx2 said:
Does no one feed just feed. Corn, bran, ddg, oats , etc. Does every one on the whole board feed Go Go Juice, or Do Better Cattle Conditioner. Ever lick mineral , Magic Mineral, No one feeds 12%phos 12%calcium 12% salt with trace minerals x,x,x How are you suspose to know what deal is the best if it is always private label beginer feed. Good grief.
Dang'it ollie, you got that one right.

I don't know what a sack cost either, unless it minerals or a bag of cubes to pen with.
Mine just eat grass.

Part of the sack cost that people seem to forget is the cost of the sack. The local mills charge 50 cents per bag, translates to a buck a hundred. Pretty pricey for something you're just going to throw in the burn barrel

dun

We feed that Show Chow and that is like 8.00 or 10.00 bucks a bag depending on the time of the year summer we are paying 10.45 a bag.

hey terry you must be getting your feed in 100lb tow sacks.oh how i remember those days of having to keep the tow sacks clean an take emm back to the mill. scott

miss cert we never did buy the tow sacks that we got feed in.just always took them back to the mill when we picked feed up.scott

Corn at the elevator in western Ohio $4.37per cwt. 48% soybean meal 15.10 per cwt. oats 10.75 per cwt

scott -

I just asked the guys at the mill to save some paper bags that they emptied when mixing feed for other customers and then use them for my order. Then I drop them off in the morning when I place my order and pick them up in the evening on my way home.

Only problem so far is that they have a hard time resewing the paper.

They don't like to see it but on occassion I have had to buy creep pellets at the local ag supply and those come in woven plastic bags. But they can sew those.

Hopefully, I won't have to buy this much feed in the future. When we get the pasture improved the plan is to go green.

thats right opening the feedsacks can ripp the sack.therefore its heck trying to reuse them.get you some 55 gal barrels that can hold feed and get your feed in bulk like that.but make sure it hasnt had chemicals in it. scott

Since the kids help with the chores I got a couple of 33 gallon trash cans and dump the bags into those. They dip it out with a lb coffee can that way they can keep track of how much they are giving the calves and don't have to guess. Works pretty good so far.

Good way for Sam to see how much her show heifer is eating and keep track of for her 4-H record book.

thats a good way to teach the kids.i think its great that your kids feed the calves.farm life sure wont hurt them. i know i wont live in town.i cant stand the city. scott

We feed cracked corn which costs us $140/ton....seven cents a pound, haven't found any cheeper around here....add the minerals to the corn.
The lentil growers sell pea pellets for $60.00/ton....haven't used them but considering it....anybody fed pea pellets?

Latest posts