Pretty well says It

Help Support CattleToday:

Alacowman you can bet in the end it won't be an atheist.
When the pick up pulls up to the pearly gates I planning on St. Peter hollerin you boys get out and come on in.
You can try and justify an abomination that just don't get you an invite for supper after that last ride.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (Show me 1 Corinthians 6)
Do you not know that the unrighteous[1] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[2]

Caustic Burno writes:

Alacowman you can bet in the end it won't be an atheist. When the pick up pulls up to the pearly gates I planning on St. Peter hollerin you boys get out and come on in.

Sorry, but you better not save a seat in the truck for ALACOWMAN.

ALACOWMAN wrote in a different thread:

man i got a little drunk and sentimental yesterday afternoon

I'm no biblical scholar, but I believe the next verse after the one Mr. Burno quotes is:

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Better watch it Mr. Burno, I think you've done a little revilin' of the hobby farm contingent.

And as for me, I've been seriously lusting after the quarter section just to the east of my line fence.

I'll enjoy chopping thistles for all eternity with you boys in Hades. :p

Well, since you using the Bible as a ref. and talking about where we'll all end up you'd better be asking God for forgiveness because we're all sinners.
Romans 5:12
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

1John 1:8
8 ¶ If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

God will forgive us of our sins but we must turn away from sin and do right. Note verse 11.

John 8:4-11
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
;-)

Well just because you run all over looking for reasons to find fault in people doesnt bother me a bit keep on digging. i may burn in hell with you atheist and queers but i will set in a differant area count on it. your a heck of alot better at being a atheist than a cattleman ill give you that

TLCfromARK":23qu61mv said:
John 8:4-11
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
;-)

Your right. We're all sinners but if we repent (turn away from sin and obey) then we aren't sinners in God's eyes because Jesus' sacrifice covers our repented sin.

I am afraid that verse though is inserted into the Bible by some scholar. Take a look at the notes. It is included in Bibles still only for tradition. Tradition over righteousness is one of the things Jesus got after some of the Jews for.

Mike

Well just because you run all over looking for reasons to find fault in people doesnt bother me a bit keep on digging.

Hey now, you're the one that brought me into this thread. I was content to let it lie in the last one. The last post about condemnation was tongue in cheek. Why else would I include myself in the condemned?

I don't judge people, but I think it's fair to point out the hypocrisy of Christians who cherry pick verses to justify their political positions while missing the basic messages and truths of the text.

i may burn in be nice with you atheist and queers but I will set in a differant area count on it. your a heck of alot better at being a atheist than a cattleman ill give you that

Where are you getting this stuff? First off, I'm not an atheist, even if I don't fit your seemingly narrow definition of a good Christian.

Secondly, although it's none of your business, I'm straight - happlily married with two beautiful boys. And if one of them turns out to be homosexual, I won't love him any less, but I'll fear for his safety in our homophobic culture.

Now as far as sitting in a different spot of Hades, do so if you wish. I bet we'd actually get along just fine. Some of my dearest neighbors are staunch conservatives and it doesn't stop us from sitting on the tailgate talking about crops, cattle, weather, and ineffective government programs late into summer evenings.

now the puzzle peices are starting to fall in place one of your sons is a homosexual and you are trying too come too term's with it. hard pill to swallow but most likely his upbringing. from a let me refrase this a ... agnostic.... which is worse than a atheist at least an athiest dosen't believe in anything, you dont know what too believe so no wonder your screwed up

Now Boy's Cant we all git along without a debate on Queers? We all know they got a seat in the wing & tail section bound fer Hades...The Bible tells us that, with that said, I'm going to have to believe what the "Good Book" says.

badaxemoo":11jcfnwn said:
Caustic Burno writes:

Alacowman you can bet in the end it won't be an atheist. When the pick up pulls up to the pearly gates I planning on St. Peter hollerin you boys get out and come on in.

Sorry, but you better not save a seat in the truck for ALACOWMAN.

ALACOWMAN wrote in a different thread:

man i got a little drunk and sentimental yesterday afternoon

I'm no biblical scholar, but I believe the next verse after the one Mr. Burno quotes is:

1Cr 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Better watch it Mr. Burno, I think you've done a little revilin' of the hobby farm contingent.

And as for me, I've been seriously lusting after the quarter section just to the east of my line fence.

I'll enjoy chopping thistles for all eternity with you boys in Hades. :p

I am not real worried about you sitting next to me on the bus.
See we all have sinned its the abomination's that really get you in a deep hole of sulfur and brimstone.

Mike, I think that's what I said just before the quote from John 8, we must turn away from sin, change our lives, not to keep doing the sin.

Did you mean just the 11 verse is added in by a scholar or just the go and sin no more part?
;-)

[
Your right. We're all sinners but if we repent (turn away from sin and obey) then we aren't sinners in God's eyes because Jesus' sacrifice covers our repented sin.

I am afraid that verse though is inserted into the Bible by some scholar. Take a look at the notes. It is included in Bibles still only for tradition. Tradition over righteousness is one of the things Jesus got after some of the Jews for.

Mike[/quote]

well said badaxemoo....very well said....i am a christian raised strong lutheran myself and i tell people...even if you dont think there is a god at least use the book as a moral set of guidelines...i see people do things everyday they would have been killed for in an instant if they lived in the time of christ...its sometimes the actions that count...not so much as the words....

Alex

TLCfromARK":mobd3jt8 said:
Did you mean just the 11 verse is added in by a scholar or just the go and sin no more part?
;-)

John 7:53 to 8:11 was added later. Just about every Bible version marks it as very probably not having been original. Not that I suggest people just take scholar's words because "their the scholars" LOL.

Which makes sense. Jesus wouldn't just up and forgive a sin that hasn't been repented of, goes against everything He and His Word teaches.

Mike

Not that anyone cares to hear it but, heres my two cents worth. God loves the sinner but he hates the sins they commit. Homosexuality is wrong and anyone participating in that practice will be comdemed. No doubt about it. Every time a discussion like this comes up someone starts squaking, "you are judging." Yes I am. Because the Bible says that we are to judge with rightious judgment. Otherwise we would follow any nut case that came out of the bushes and said I'm a prophet and you should follow me and my teachings. We judge everyday of our lives and we should. There are things that are wrong and we don't need to participate in the things that some other people do. Cheating,lying,stealing,murder,child molestation and all the other things that people are guilty of. So yes we do need to judge others to a certain extent.

QuickDraw":tbftkfof said:
well said badaxemoo....very well said....i am a christian raised strong lutheran myself and i tell people...even if you dont think there is a god at least use the
  • book as a moral set of guidelines
...i see people do things everyday they would have been killed for in an instant if they lived in the time of christ...its sometimes the actions that count...not so much as the words....

Alex
even if you don't think there is a-GOD- :?: there are many so called gods- but only one true-GOD-the one we didnt create he created us.if he doesnt exsist why bother with the bible at all just live like we dont have to answer to anybody. common sence alone tells you he does. maybe many destorted views but he exsists.i dont claim to be perfect far from it. telling people if they dont believe use the bible as a moral guideline, see thats the thing they aint monkey's they should be able to decern right from wrong.

That is a saying that always bothers me "God loves the sinner but hates the sin"? Where does it say this?
The Bible says God hates the sinner. But He also says why will you die, I have no desire that the sinner die but turn and live.

How do you go about separating the sinner from the sin? Without the sinner repenting there is no separation at all.
Jesus (and His Word) tells us that someone (once they receive the Spirit and knowledge of God) sinning willfully (no repenting) is crusifying newly Jesus and is dishonoring the blood of His New Covenant.

Also

Romans 2:11-15
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

So the law remains to be obeyed. It is only logical, if there is no law there is no sin (that is what the Word says) so there is the law (written in the minds and hearts not on stone).

And whether it is accepted or not it is used to judge.

Mike

QuickDraw":22bbd32w said:
well said badaxemoo....very well said....i am a christian raised strong lutheran myself and i tell people...even if you dont think there is a god at least use the book as a moral set of guidelines...i see people do things everyday they would have been killed for in an instant if they lived in the time of christ...its sometimes the actions that count...not so much as the words....

Alex

I would expect someone from a blue state to side with the immoral.

quickdraw wrote:

QuickDraw":3jzosiz8 said:

Alex

It's good to hear a friendly voice. I'm a Minnesotan from the other corner of the state. I love Wisconsin, but I'll always be a prairie boy at heart. Raised Lutheran as well. Although my shortcomings are many, I strive to treat people fairly, be a good father and husband, and practice good land stewardship like my parents and grandparents did.

Watch out. In the short time I've been posting (instead of just reading) it's become obvious that there are some supposed Christians on this board whose attitudes reek worse than Lutefisk left out in August.

Why just recently, a fellow who struggles to put together a coherent sentence thinks he has somehow discovered my motivations for defending the rights of gay and lesbian folk.

Simply stating that I would accept my sons if they turned out to be gay apparently means that they must be homosexuals (even though one is an infant and the other just got out of diapers). If I had to guess, I would say they will probably both be straight since roughly 97% of the population is, but they will always be welcome in my home regardless of their preference.

Apparently I am also an agnostic (first he said I was an atheist) because I don't subscribe to this individual's theology. For those of you with "thinking brains" (see previous posts), I'll include the definition:

Theology: The study of the nature of God and religious truth; rational inquiry into religious questions.

But I guess there is really no need to study theology - if you want to know the mind of God just ask a couple of the folks here who have a lock on the truth or think that those of us who live in "blue states" are prone to siding with immorality.

Hopefully the smell of sulfur and brimstone as I sit in my corner of Hades will cover their self-righteous stench.

struggles thats funny ill tell you what . it really doesnt matter to me if you are for gay rights are not that is your choice. i want push my beliefs on you if you dont me from here on out any other comments from you will be taken to the next level. no more digging up other post or name calling hope i didnt struggle too much for you it shore came out awful easy. for someone who wants too learn about cattle you spend alot of time in the coffee shop. if you werent a gay loving liberal with an agenda things might be different when you can win over a cowboy with your stance you would have done the democrats a service. sorry for all the struggling but i managed some how

Latest posts