Pretty sweet barrel run

Help Support CattleToday:

That gave me chills Bigfoot! I love seeing the kids on those big horses doing so well. :clap:
I was running barrels at that age, but not making those kind of times. But sure had fun.

Everyone running in the short-rounds had to qualify at one of 10 races across the country. It's sponsored by Better Barrel Races, which is an open barrel race, meaning anyone can run, men, women, kids, pro and amateur.

crossbredcalves":2h7ez5fx said:
Everyone running in the short-rounds had to qualify at one of 10 races across the country. It's sponsored by Better Barrel Races, which is an open barrel race, meaning anyone can run, men, women, kids, pro and amateur.

Do you know if she will be running at the American on Sunday?

Yes, she will. That's the way I understood what I read on the RFD website. She and the other 9 that qualified through the short-rounds, plus an exemption and last year's top 10 from the Women's Pro Rodeo Association will run on March 1.

She reminded me a lot of when my oldest daughter was little. She was pretty sticky, and her and my wife came home with the ugliest old flea bit gray, swaybacked mare you could imagine. I was more than a little disappointed to say the least. Boy, were looks deceiving. Her and that mare got together and outrun some good women in this area. I was just getting going good in my roping, starting to win a little, and venturing out a little further. She went everywhere I did. If I didn't win something, she would.

This was in mid 90s and our rig was an 85 Dodge 4 door, 360 auto and a 16' bumper Ponderosa stock trailer with shavings knee deep and acrylic plastic sheets screwed over the slat gaps to keep the winter wind and rain out. Kept our tack in the bed of the truck under a camper top.

That sure brings back a lot of memories. Some really good times.

Put all our money in our going during dry times, and paid bills in advance when we'd hit a lick.

Edited to add: That mare passed away at Martha's Junior World from an aneurism. There was a lot of bawling going on, from all of us.

Latest posts