Pretty much says it all

Help Support CattleToday:

Earl Thigpen

Reaction score
Let's see how long this one stays posted. And no, I have not SNOOPED it - don't care.

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on
Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'.
'This culture has been developed over two centuries of
struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian,
right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't
force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I wish someone in the US would say that but then the democrats would raise cain and all of the left wing liberalsits. I can only hope and pray that Obama doesnt get into office because that will never ever be said then.

chrisy":1z5o51ue said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pms-muslim-comments-offensive/2006/02/20/1140283978611.html

found this site it is from a News Paper but if you believe all they say as true......

Hi, Chrisy. Long time no hear. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Apparently this was a true statement. I really didn't post it based on whether the statement was true or not. I posted because I thought it very succinctly expressed my own personal views on the subject and I have a feeling the views of a lot of people who don't want to be identified because of fear of being ridiculed by the "politically correct" (read politically left).

Hey E.T., I'm right there with 'ya, shoulder to shoulder.

Until someone in this country in a position of leadership has the backbone (or any other body parts) to speak these words, we're in trouble. I honestly believe a majority of the public (not the press) would support this type of individual, if they would just stand up.

Earl Thigpen":k4tdwyee said:
chrisy":k4tdwyee said:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pms-muslim-comments-offensive/2006/02/20/1140283978611.html

found this site it is from a News Paper but if you believe all they say as true......

Hi, Chrisy. Long time no hear. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Apparently this was a true statement. I really didn't post it based on whether the statement was true or not. I posted because I thought it very succinctly expressed my own personal views on the subject and I have a feeling the views of a lot of people who don't want to be identified because of fear of being ridiculed by the "politically correct" (read politically left).

Hi Earl, not to bad now thanks for asking...

I'm with you also I would like to hear a few Politians around the globe agree with him, but note he is the ex-Prime Minister it needs a current one to say these things, we have Thatcher that speaks her mind no-one listens anymore to the has beens unfortunatly.

Why are we told not to speak our opinions, our truths, in case we are to hurt someone's feelings. I was taught to tell the truth, even if it hurts. What happened to that? This pussy-footing-biting-your-tongue-crap is only for someone who is not willing to speak what is on their mind... right, or wrong... SAY IT - STRAIGHT UP.

Michele

And the Prime Minister of Australia is no longer John Howard. He lost his re-election bid to Kevin Rudd by big, big numers. So I guess most Australians didn't agree with him. :D

Frankie":3fg93byk said:
And the Prime Minister of Australia is no longer John Howard. He lost his re-election bid to Kevin Rudd by big, big numers. So I guess most Australians didn't agree with him. :D
Or maybe he didn't say it soon enough.

Howard's party had control of the country since 1996. So it was a big, big change for the country. Some people blame the loss on his anti-Muslim and pro-Bush stance.

Frankie":d5s6xfld said:
Howard's party had control of the country since 1996. So it was a big, big change for the country. Some people blame the loss on his anti-Muslim and pro-Bush stance.

Those people would be pretty simple-minded, IMO. It's a LITTLE more complicated than that. Everything isn't always about Bush. :roll:

A post by Joseph Romm published by the Climate Progress Blog (a project of the Center for American Progress) and the environmentalist Grist Blog is claiming Australian Prime Minister John Howard lost his re-election bid because of his stand on global warming:
Australian denier bites the dust — literally

Global warming takes down its first major political victim:

"Conservative Prime Minister John Howard suffered a humiliating defeat Saturday at the hands of the left-leaning opposition, whose leader has promised to immediately sign the Kyoto Protocol on global warming."
Why the stunning loss? A key reason was Howard's "head in the sand dust" response to the country's brutal once-in-a-thousand year drought. As the UK's Independent reported in April:
… few scientists dispute the part played by climate change, which is making Australia hotter and drier….. Until a few months ago, Mr Howard and his ministers pooh-poohed the climate-change doomsayers....
Read the rest here or here.

Not for the first time, climate alarmists see things as they wish they were, and not as they are.

Howard lost for many reasons far more "key" than Howard's skepticism about the need for the environmental movement's prescriptions for fighting climate change. These reasons include:
Howard had already been prime minister 11 1/2 years (he was running for his fifth term), and is 68 years old to his opponent's more youthful 50.

Many voters took Australia's strong economy -- possibly Howard's greatest achievement -- for granted, as Australia has enjoyed 17 straight years of economic growth.

The Labor Party candidate, Kevin Rudd, campaigned as a strong fiscal conservative, and endorsed very many of Howard's economic policies, leading voters to believe Rudd as new prime minister would continue Howard's economic policy achievements.

Despite a good economic record overall, Howard's Liberal Party was blamed for a recent unpopular rise in interest rates.

The Labor Party ran a celebrity against Howard in his local parliamentary race in New South Wales, forcing him to campaign there frequently, taking his time away from campaigning in marginal districts.

A 2005 industrial relations reform called "Work Choices" was unpopular in some quarters, particularly among organized labor.

A late-breaking scandal took place, in which Liberal Party activists were caught handing out fake Labor Party brochures supporting Islamic terrorists.

The war in Iraq, in which Howard was a steadfast American ally.
_____

Latest posts