pretty good

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
don't know if this has ever been posted but a friend of mine e-mailed it to me:

The Power of the Badge.....

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas, and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher says, "Okay, but don't go into that field over there," as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes, saying, "Mister, I have the full authority of the Federal Government with me." Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the rancher. "See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?"

The rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life, chased by the rancher's big, prized Santa Gertrudis bull......

With every step, the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get gored before he reaches safety. The officer is clearly terrified. The rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

"Your badge... Show him your BADGE !"

I have heard that one and still got a good chuckle out of it thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a day I had stayed home sick from work, I was sitting in my recliner wrapped up trying to stay warm. I looked out the window and down on the road a pick-up truck had backed up to the fence a couple of boys jumped over the electric fence…..now keep in mind we have high tensile fences with a Gallagher MR2500 that will charge up to 1,000 acres on only 38 acres of fence. To say the fence will hurt you is an understatement! The charger is actually for the big farm but we had it on the fence at the house because the smaller charger was in for repairs. So the boys jump out of the truck not touching the fence each of them was carrying a brown paper bag….I figure they are on the hunt for mushrooms so out into the pasture they go. I was trying to figure out what I should do when I saw the senior herd bull heading toward them….now keep in mind he is a sweet ole bull as bulls go but those brown paper bags meant range pellets to him so he was heading their way as fast as he could get his 2,700 pounds to go. When the boys saw him coming they took off for the truck this is when they realized that they had to touch the fence. I laughed so hard I cried and needless to say we haven't seen them come back for anymore mushrooms!

gizmom":1bbx56uo said:
I have heard that one and still got a good chuckle out of it thanks for sharing. Reminds me of a day I had stayed home sick from work, I was sitting in my recliner wrapped up trying to stay warm. I looked out the window and down on the road a pick-up truck had backed up to the fence a couple of boys jumped over the electric fence…..now keep in mind we have high tensile fences with a Gallagher MR2500 that will charge up to 1,000 acres on only 38 acres of fence. To say the fence will hurt you is an understatement! The charger is actually for the big farm but we had it on the fence at the house because the smaller charger was in for repairs. So the boys jump out of the truck not touching the fence each of them was carrying a brown paper bag….I figure they are on the hunt for mushrooms so out into the pasture they go. I was trying to figure out what I should do when I saw the senior herd bull heading toward them….now keep in mind he is a sweet ole bull as bulls go but those brown paper bags meant range pellets to him so he was heading their way as fast as he could get his 2,700 pounds to go. When the boys saw him coming they took off for the truck this is when they realized that they had to touch the fence. I laughed so hard I cried and needless to say we haven't seen them come back for anymore mushrooms!

:D Good story. :clap: :clap: