Pressure washers?

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a decent budget pressure washer. Got a couple projects the need to be done like washing some peeling painnt off a metal roof and resealing a deck. Thought about renting one but they want $85 a day. Thought about a $500 pressure washer. Wanted one with a decent repairable pump. A lot of the ones in stores around here are Chinese made pumps so they make me leary.

tom4018":3gfwvu6w said:
Any suggestions for a decent budget pressure washer. Got a couple projects the need to be done like washing some peeling painnt off a metal roof and resealing a deck. Thought about renting one but they want $85 a day. Thought about a $500 pressure washer. Wanted one with a decent repairable pump. A lot of the ones in stores around here are Chinese made pumps so they make me leary.
I've had good luck with the Honda motors. Can't remember the brand !

I can't remember what brand ours is, either. I complained when hubby bought it, thought we could just rent one for the project we were doing. But he went ahead and bought it and.....much as this hurts.....he was right. We use it all the time. Wash cars at home, keep the trailer cleaned out, keep the moss off the siding on the north side of the house, clean out the mower deck, blast mud dauber nests into oblivion - you name it. Ours is 3,000 psi and the motor is either 6 or 7 hp Briggs & Stratton. We're on our 3rd year with it and no problems so far.

We've been using a cheap Troy Built from Lowes for the past 3 years. As far as I'm concerned, it's a throw-a-way unit. When anything breaks, it'll get thrown away and we'll buy another. Cheaper to buy a new one than repair one.

I chose to stay away from the gasoline powered models, just because I didn't want one more engine to maintain on the farm. I don't doubt that they are a very powerful unit.

I have an Annovi Reverberi which in an Italian made washer. It's a really good unit that I would have no problem recomending. I had a previous model that was used every week washing out hog confinement buildings. When it finnally went belly up, I tried other 110 volt units from lowes and orschlens, and walmart, and they were all junk. Not enough PSI but more importantly, not enough GPM. The gallons per minute is what seperates the good washers from the better ones. I don't worry about saving water when I'm hosing out a livestock trailer, I want to FLUSH that puppy out!

The washer I have is 2.1 GPM and 1300 psi and it does all I need it to.

Just remember what ever washer you get..... don't ever let them freeze or else you have an expensive paper wieght.

Did a little looking online. Here is a unit that is very simular to the one I have. It's not the same model, so the specs are a little different, but it would be a good washer too.

http://www.arnorthamerica.com/AR620-630.html

There is only one place that carries those pressure washers around my area, and it's a good hour or so drive down to that store but it's worth the drive.

talldog":jxk9e20n said:
tom4018":jxk9e20n said:
I've had good luck with the Honda motors. Can't remember the brand !

Tractor supply had the Hondas on sale a couple weeks ago...about $399 if I remember right....about 2650 psi,

Latest posts