Pressure washer

Help Support CattleToday:

Farmgirl

Reaction score
Looking at buying a pressure washer. What is the minimum size (psi, gpm) you would buy to wash out a stock trailer?

Thanks,
Farmgirl

highgrit

Reaction score
Kingfisher":2mmrgnmu said:
Try to get one w a Honda motor.
That's some great advice. I have a 4k psi with a Cat pump, we use it all the time.
Hook is a pro-pressure washer, Sky told us so.

Alan

Reaction score
Pressure washer has been on my wish list for too long, many things around here to use one on.

greybeard

Reaction score
I have one, I use it maybe 2-3 times per year, but when I need it I need it. Craftsman with a Briggs and Scrapiron engine on it.

Kingfisher

Reaction score
If your Home Depot has tool rental buy one there. They cycle there rental tools out and sell em at great prices. They can also access all their stores online and move stuff from store to store.

Hook

Reaction score
A small one light town in central florida
On the Honda motors, adjust the valves every 100 hours.
I've gone through 5 pressure washers in the last 20 years. All Honda engines and general pumps. All belt drive though. Direct drive pumps don't last as long though

PBangus

Reaction score
Greybeard is right. Don't need them very often but great to have when you need one. I got mine at lowes. It a husqvarna. I've used it several times now and would recommend it.

Reaction score
A pressure washer can be your best and worst friend. When you start washing stuff like round balers you ruin bearings real quick by injecting water past the seals.

We have a 1800psi Karcher that does everything we need it to do but we don't wash any balers with it. We do use it wash the underside of the DiscBine but try to stay away from bearings with it.

bigbull338

Reaction score
i 2nd that do not wash a round baler with it at all or you will knock out a few bearings.the best thing is get a gas blower.and blow your baler off.