Pressure Washer Purchase ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
The pump on my gas powered pressure washer quit. Local shop said better off buying a new one, rather than a replacement pump...
There is a huge range of washers out there from electric to gas. What would you consider a good value for occasionally cleaning off farm equipment?

I was given a broken hotsy.. was a simple fix.. NOTHING like hot water to actually REMOVE grease rather than just move it from one spot to another..
I also have an old honda powered unit I never use anymore.. 13 hp.. works alright but there's just no point in using it.

If you're really serious, get a Hotsy. I am not serious enough to budget for one, so I use the electric units. Get a few years out of them before they burn out. Got a brand new Ryobi sitting in box in house after other one fried last fall. Cost right around $100 US on EBay.

Stocker Steve said:
Is the Hotsy brand a good value, or are you just recommending hot water for getting the grease off?

More popular than most and much better for getting the grease off. Get more done in less time with less pressure. But I only wash each piece of equipment about 2-3 times a year, so I don't think I can justify it.

tsc around here has a pretty good value on one. honda motor..large hose.. big wheels.. i think 290 $

Hook2.0 said:
Don't get electric, and don't get anything with less than 4 gallons a minute and 3000 psi. A direct drive pump is fine for occasional use.
13 hp Honda motors are still the best. general, intermatic, or cat pumps are all good.
Hotsy is a brand, and there are lots of good brands out there, but they all use Honda motors and one of the 3 pumps i listed. If yo7d like more detailed info or questions, pm me. I pressure washed for 25 years

X2
Get a name brand middle of the road size gas machine for just regular home/farm type use.

You can get replacement pumps pretty cheap from toolbarn.

https://www.toolbarn.com/shop-by-category/pressure-cleaning/replacement-pumps/

Hook hooked me up with these guys for a new pump. Excellent resource.

http://allequipmentandpressuresupply.com/

I have a 40 gallon wood fired hot water heater for the house. What would prevent you from turning it up to 200 F and then connecting it to a standard pressure washer for 5 to 10 minutes of grease spot cleaning?

Last edited:
I have a 40 gallon wood fired hot water heater for the house. What would prevent you from turning it up to 200 F and then connecting it to a standard pressure washer for 5 to 10 minutes of grease spot cleaning?
Unless your going to be doing alot of pressure washing. Might want to consider renting one ever now and then.

I'd go for the Fords 🤣😝 Bahahahahaha! We have a Honda.

Dang I was joking... learn something new every day. I didn't know they actually made Fords. Bahahahahaha!!

I can't find the one like ours. We got it on vacation down in Gatlinburg. I've saw them at Sam's Club before. We have a few a small electric one and another big one that came with the old barn. The Honda we have had for many years. I like it, I become a pressure washing fool if I ever get started. Some reason you don't notice how dirty everything is until you start with that thing. It's like oh crap everything nasty up in here. 😅🤣😂 Can't wash the house than everything else looks dirty. Everything I use it at a rental in town people always want hiring me to work.

I like the little Honda it's easy to start has the pull start if you looking for a short work out. (Just playing) or push button. It's reasonable light to move around.

We use this one and I can get the wife to use it too. It has a push button start. It's been good to us for several years and we pressure wash everything. House, boats, tractor, lawn mower etc...

Latest posts