pressure washer maintenance

Help Support CattleToday:

moses388

Reaction score
Engine can use either SAE 30 or 10W-30. What is the correct oil for the pump? Think I saw a sticker with 75W-90. When I search 75W-90 it pulls up 75W-90 gear oil with a limited slip additive. Is that the correct oil for a pressure plunger pump??
Tried to use the pressure washer today, but no water would come out. Unhooked the hose from the washer and there was crap in the hose. There was not a screen on the water inlet. I had to take apart the pump and clean out the crap. It is working, but the oil should be changed in the pump. A simple screen in the hose fitting can save you a headache.

Yeh I learnt the hard way also. I use an inline filter the sort they make for garden irrigation systems. I also have a short piece of hose bent over and garden fitting the other end to clip onto the inlet when not in use to stop the mud wasps filling up the inlet with mud.

Ken

Need more info as stated. Another tip in pressure washers is after using chemicals always flush the chemical pickup line with fresh water before storage. I learned that lesson the hard way.

What is the make and model of the Pressure Washer?
PowerStroke PS80903A

I found nothing in the manual about the pressure pump oil. Maybe it is considered a lifetime fill?? But it needs to be changed based on the nasty goop I saw in it. I was thinking a non-detergent SAE 30 from Mag 1. I wasn't sure after seeing 75W-90 on a sticker. Parts list calls the pressure pump a Himore pump p/n 308418003. Thought I would check with the forum. Some members like @Caustic Burno seem to know oil.

I was at NAPA for something else and asked. I was told to use ND SAE 30 for the pressure pump. Thanks anyhow everybody.

Latest posts