Presidential election trivia

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC

Reaction score
Two things will happen this year that have never happened before in US history. What are they?

Another thing will happen that has only happened twice before in US history. What is it, and for extra credit, in what years did it happen before?

No fair googling the answers. Also, this is just for fun. There's no need to mention the candidates or your opinion of them. Let's keep this one clean.

I'm gonna need a hint...or 50. I tried googling it and still couldn't find it... :oops:

But then, I have an astigmatism.... 8)

Alice

In 68 and 80 the democatic convention was held without a winner going in.

A person with minority status will run for election for president of the US.

I don't know the other one.

I gotta answer but if I post it the moderator will probably delete it and suspend me. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

1. The Democratic candidate on the ballot will be either a black man or a woman. That's never happened before.

Is the other about John McCain's age?

iowahawkeyes":39f5mykk said:
1. The Democratic candidate on the ballot will be either a black man or a woman. That's never happened before.

That's correct. No major party has ever noinated a black or a woman.

The other thing that's never happened is that two sitting US Senators will face off on
the two major party tickets.

The thing that's only happened twice before is that a sitting US Senator will be elected President, assuming something really weird doesn't happen between now and November. The other two were Warren Harding in 1920 and John Kennedy in 1960.

Hope I didn't bore you. I just love this kind of stuff. ;-)

Latest posts