necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society," said
Kerry, a longtime AWNA supporter.

"This is why many of them voted for me. We can no longer stand by and allow
People of Inability to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation,
employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of
workers, simply because they do a better job, or have some idea of what they
are doing", said Kerry.

President Kerry pointed to the success of the US Postal Service, which has a
long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance.
Approximately 80 percent of postal employees lack job skills, making this
agency the single largest US employer of Persons of Inability.

Private sector industries with good records of nondiscrimination against the
Inept include retail sales (72%), the airline industry (68%),and home
improvement "warehouse" stores (65%)

President Kerry has also set an example, personally selecting hundreds of
Nonabled people for top government positions, including many cabinet-level
jobs.

Under the Americans With No Abilities Act, more than 25 million "middle man"
positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real
responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Mandatory non-performance-based raises and promotions will be given, to
guarantee upward mobility for even the most unremarkable employees. The
legislation provides substantial tax breaks to corporations which maintain a
significant level of Persons of Inability in top positions, and gives a tax
credit to small and medium businesses that agree to hire one clueless worker
for every two talented hires.

Finally, the AWNAA contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to
discriminate against the Nonabled, banning discriminatory interview
questions such as "Do you have any goals for the future?" or "Do you have
any skills or experience which relate to this job?" and "Are you awake?"

"As a Nonabled person, I can't be expected to keep up with people who have
something going for them," said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a
lug-nut twister at the GM plant in Flint, MI due to her lack of notable job
skills.

"This new law should really help people like me."

With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented
citizens can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Kerry, "It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American
citizen, regardless of his or her adequacy, with some sort of space to take
up in this great nation."

I got this as an e-mail yesterday but couldn't figure out where it should be posted, sure not in the humor section. I also couldn't think of a clever(clever for me) title.
The sad part is that it may be more accurate then we wish

dun

Ah.....one problem: we all aren't born with the job skills. We have to learn the skills from somewhere....you, yourself (Texan and Dun) has picked up the job skills from somewhere, am I right? There should be an American with Training Act which said anyone between 18-30 years of age can be provided with a list of training courses to be mailed to their household address and the person can select one and be train for it... No wait, y'all are still in the dinosaur age...the tough love crap..... Get over it, life isn't a free ride.

greenpasture78":3njuwip0 said:
Get over it, life isn't a free ride.

When did you finally discover this fact. Most of us have known it all of our adult lives.

dun

GP,
Did you ever come out and say exactly what your legal malfunction is?
I'd love to know :lol:
I has a good freind that had dyslexia , when he found out he got real depressed,,, Tried to commit suicide...

He jumped right behind a bus! 8) :lol:

Great post Texan, and aptly titled to boot. The GP types still don't get it - not because they're dumb. Even a dummy could get it if they wanted to. Which is the point. They don't get it because they don't want to get it. Because for them, life IS a free ride. They need America. America doesn't need them. But for some twisted reason they still get a free ride. Some day all their chickens will come home to roost.

Craig-TX

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":1jy6eqla said:
dun":1jy6eqla said:
greenpasture78":1jy6eqla said:
Get over it, life isn't a free ride.

When did you finally discover this fact. Most of us have known it all of our adult lives.

dun
Not only myself but I'm sure others have known it since they were about 15.

I had given that some serious thought, but figured at least the majority of people would have caught on by then. Too, some people are adults at a much younger age. I have a brother in law who's 12 year old son was the only one in the family that was an adult.

dun

will greenpasture have the energy to apply or will he just automatically be hired for a hi level gov. position so he can have a better retirement plan. :cry: :cry: :cry:

greenpasture78":1n15233g said:
anyone between 18-30 years of age can be provided with a list of training courses to be mailed to their household address and the person can select one and be train for it... No wait, y'all are still in the dinosaur age...the tough love be nice..... Get over it, life isn't a free ride.

oh my gosh, where to even begin? 18-30? most people start working jobs in high school to gain job-skills (fyi gp: job-skills are not only technical training, but things like teamwork, communication, following instructions, problem-solving, initiative).

high school counselors have lists of the technical schools, colleges, financial aid, etc. if you choose not to take advantage of it at that time, why should the gov't then be required to mail you a list of training courses? take responsibility for yourself and get off your a$$ & go look. in today's world, there's no reason a person can't find training themselves, either by working at a job and gaining skills (even low-end jobs that you feel are beneath yourself will provide you with some of the skills i mentioned above which will then help you acquire a better job. in fact, low-end job experience will look better to interviewers than five years of community college at taxpayers' expense), attending classes (technical schools have tons of advertisement on t.v., radio, and in the newspapers), or even taking on-line courses.

as for the free ride, unfortunately you're living one.........at our expense!

taken from the Everything Else board:

fit2btied":33ucsmjh said:
I worked in the lead mining industry for 13 years before they busted the union and sent everyone packing. Spent the next 3 years working nights and weekends at a limestone mine and kiln operation while attending Jr. College during the day (It took me 3 years, but I worked 40 - 50 hours a week). Got the wife to support me for the next 2 years while I finished my teaching degree and have been teaching Jr. High Science for 12 years now. Now, if I'd only started the college thing when I was 18, I would be enjoying retirement now! But then again, that college thing wouldn't have worked for me when I was 18! :D

somehow he managed to do it without the gov't sending him training information or supporting him while he went to school.

fit2btied, if only you had known gp back then for advice........he could have taught you how to attend jr college for over five years instead of just three and still not have a degree! the wife supported you? boy, did you miss out. according to gp, that's what the gov't & taxpayers are for.

Wow, txag! Didn't intend to get you so stirred up this morning! Got plenty of blood pressure medicine with you?

greenpasture78":22qsk5i0 said:
Ah.....one problem: we all aren't born with the job skills. We have to learn the skills from somewhere....you, yourself (Texan and Dun) has picked up the job skills from somewhere, am I right? There should be an American with Training Act which said anyone between 18-30 years of age can be provided with a list of training courses to be mailed to their household address and the person can select one and be train for it... No wait, y'all are still in the dinosaur age...the tough love be nice..... Get over it, life isn't a free ride.

What is school for if not training? If anyone cannot provide for themselves by the time they are 18 then they just really don't want to (exclude those who are truly handicapped). When I moved out of my parent's house I was making minimum wage. I quickly found that wasn't enough to do the things I wanted. So I worked as much as possible putting in at least 70 hrs a week. This got old so I decided to go to college. I worked a fulltime job and had a full load at college. Paid for it myself no grants no loans no sleep and lost a good bit of wt. Now I owe a little more on my house but everything else is paid for my land car truck cows equipment are all mine. My wife does not work at a job but is raising our children a much more important job. I am 31 and if I was so lazy as to wait until I was 30 to decide what I wanted to do to become a productive individual I would be no where. BTW I don't have the job of my dreams but I work hard and nobody that I work with knows that it isn't the job of my dreams. It does supply me with the income needed to take care of my Family. The thought of someone coming and taking half of everything that I have worked so hard for from my children burns me up.

Tod

GP reminds me in some ways of one of my sons.

My younger son is hard worker and takes good care of his family. My older son is a bum/user/con-artist.
If my older my son could find a way to get the govt to pay him, he sure would. He thinks he's too good to work for minimum wage. On the other hand, he doesn't have enough ambition to go to school.

He's not real happy right now -- "Bank Of Mom & Dad" is closed. He doesn't have a job and no home to call his own (stays with whatever friend will put up with him).
Guess he'll have to become familiar with the inside of the city mission and the soup kitchen -- I'm through.

Ann B

Good for you Ann. It can't be easy to turn your back on your son but you are doing the right thing!

I agree with TXshowmom! This will put some hard lessons on your older son! AnnB, how can you compare me with your older son? I am no way like your older son! You think so but you are wrong...and not I am not denying it... Or I am not like the alcoholics who doesn't want to admit they are an alcoholics. If I was something like your older son, I would not be on here.....I would be in jail! So don't label me something I am NOT! Clear? Yes I am very upset! If you were in my shoes, you would be upset too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts