President Bush Arrested In Canada

Help Support CattleToday:

Just found out its fake. Turns out Googles machines found this article and believed it to be a true story. When searched for President Bush under Google, it would bring that story up. So, false alarm.

It had looked to me like their site had been partially hijacked. Just remember that what you read on the internet is only as reliable as the source.

dun

Wow! My eyebrows ascended into my hairline when I read the headline of this thread... now wouldn't that have had tongues wagging? ;-)

Take care.

(Couldn't resist peaking at CNN's website...that link almost looked authentic. The part about the maple leaf shaped bruise was a bit over the top though).

http://edition.cnn.com/

I was just gettin on to post that it was fake too

turned on the tv, and you'd think it'd be all over if it happened.

The ottawa or toronto, not sure which Star had an article about if he sould be arrested for war crimes. It was pretty close in verbiage to the phony article.

dun

Are they considered less then reliable news sources in Canada? I just checked again and it was the Toronto Star.

dun

Sad to say, wasn't it CNN or some American station that broadcast false military records of Bush while the election was running hot & heavy? Just my own opinion, but reporters are human, and therefore apt to err from time to time. Just like the rest of us.

I do hold to the belief that in today's society, nothing sells news like sensationalism. So.....if the To'rranna Star wants to sell papers, what better way than a story that grabs the attention of it's readers. I don't agree with the way most of the media covers a lot of issues, but it sure isn't my place to call the shots.

Although it seems to me there should be a long line of editors standing in the unemployment lines in retribution for some of the garbage that's spoonfed the viewing public.

Take care.

CattleAnnie":jhvb835q said:
nothing sells news like sensationalism

Granted it was a number of years ago, but when I was a kid, the Seattle Times would have a story, generally not front page about some particularly gory event. The Seattle Post Intelligencer would have photos on page one. Some of the stuff they did makes the Enquirer look mainstream.
And yes it was dan rather that pushed the Bush war record. But it's almost to be expected from one of the most liberal, Republican hating people that works in a newsroom. I refuse to call him a News Person.

dun