Presents for people you do business with?

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz":vgcw0mum said:
dun":vgcw0mum said:
cfpinz":vgcw0mum said:
Wife fixes up a basket full of baked goods/local goodies and we deliver one to each of the folks we lease land from each year. We did that yesterday, nice to see some of them, glad we missed others. :)

cfpinz

From what you've said about your wifes cooking do you suppose some of them hid from you on purpose?

You know, that explains why the lights were on and I knew I heard snickering...

For as bad of a cook as you claim she is you sure don;t look like you've missed any meals

dun":36ntpq05 said:
For as bad of a cook as you claim she is you sure don;t look like you've missed any meals

That's funny, everybody at work thinks I've got worms. Maybe I need to start smoking 3 or 4 packs a day.

cfpinz":3spya49d said:
dun":3spya49d said:

That's funny, everybody at work thinks I've got worms. Maybe I need to start smoking 3 or 4 packs a day.

That's cause you squirm around so much. Maybe it's the buffalo on the nickels in your pocket are jumping aorund so you won;t squeeze them so tight that makes you squirm.

Jogeephus":1mq1bugg said:
Jelly, white trash, preserves, pickled eggs are some good homemade things we give to people we like in our lives. We always keep a cubbard full of jelly and preserves for those folks that we "forgot" that drop by the house with a present. :oops: I also like to give a card with some folding money to a few people who perform menial tasks at places I shop. Often I think they are overlooked by others. They seem to appreciate it the most. Once my wife and I secretly bought one lady a pair of dentures and paid to have her last few teeth pulled. She found out somehow and calls to thank us each and every Christmas.

Jogeephus,

From this and many other posts you have made you are a person who I would like to meet before I die.

You truly come across here as a person with values.

So many folks have dietary issues and I know a few people who aren't christian, so we like to gather up some mistletoe out of the cottonwoods and tie it up with red yarn or ribbon and put it in a big ziploc bag. We pass those out to the postmaster, various others - especially city folk - the neighbors steal their own. :p :roll:

pdfangus":2oltsqnu said:
Jogeephus":2oltsqnu said:
Jelly, white trash, preserves, pickled eggs are some good homemade things we give to people we like in our lives. We always keep a cubbard full of jelly and preserves for those folks that we "forgot" that drop by the house with a present. :oops: I also like to give a card with some folding money to a few people who perform menial tasks at places I shop. Often I think they are overlooked by others. They seem to appreciate it the most. Once my wife and I secretly bought one lady a pair of dentures and paid to have her last few teeth pulled. She found out somehow and calls to thank us each and every Christmas.

Jogeephus,

From this and many other posts you have made you are a person who I would like to meet before I die.

You truly come across here as a person with values.

I second that, and that goes for several others on here also.

Latest posts