Prepotent cow family

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Dam: Simme Valley Yippee, sired by Shock Force

Daughter, Simme Valley Fantasy born 2-16-18 Sired by Uprising:

Niece, Simme Valley Fantasia born 2-9-18 Sired by Uprising: (sorry, this one is fuzzy pic)

The dam's dam was a donor cow in my herd.

Thanks everyone. I just thought it was ironic that I ended up taking 3/4 shot/views of the two calves , like the pic I had taken of Yippee. It wasn't on purpose.
When Yippee was 5 days old, her dam, SS Nadine (donor - Breathtaker x Joker) got extremely sick with toxic mastitis. Vet saved her life, and I kept calf on cow supplementing with a bottle at first. But, dam lost her ears, then her tail. Then she was losing the bulbous part of her nose. All of this was "livable", but then she started to get lame. Vet said it had been plenty long enough to get everything out of her system (4 months), so we shipped her, thinking she was sloughing her hooves. That was a sad day. She was "stingy" with her embryos, but produced the best daughters. Loved her.

Great set of cattle, that's for dang sure!!

I saw pics of Nadine a few years back and she still sticks with me to this day as one of my favorites! I'm happy to see her genetics live on!

Sure has a unique stamp!.. My last bull had a sorta trademark too, left flank would often have a patch of white, sometimes it seems to take a couple years to show up, but it's there!