Preparing Supper

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Skinning.
IMG_5137.jpg

Only a foolish person would try and take this prize from our on site meat inspector.
IMG_5133.jpg

The split
IMG_5154.jpg

Hung it for two weeks and then processed it and vac sealed each steak.
IMG_5282.jpg

With the exception of the potato, it was a homegrown meal. And it wasn't too shabby either.
IMG_5294.jpg

Mmmm looks good Jo. You do know you can stop feeding them Bermuda once they are dead don't ya? :lol:

Ken, I think the looks are deceiving. I marinated it then seered it on both sides then just gave it a little rest on some moderate heat outside the flames and the inside is blood red and juicy tender. I was afraid the red one would have red fat but surprisingly it didn't. :lol2:

3waycross":lpd8vno5 said:
Nice steaks Jo..........Georgia Kobe?

No, that's Certified Grass Fed/Grass Seed Finished Imbalancer

Nice work on the processing. You need to rig a skinning facility inside though for these warmer months. That steak almost looks like it was blackened like redfish.

hooknline":3l7t5l83 said:
Nice work on the processing. You need to rig a skinning facility inside though for these warmer months. That steak almost looks like it was blackened like redfish.

Now were talking!

Steaks look good Jogee.

Jalopy":2icc7dtd said:
That truly is impressive marbling for grass fed. Good Job Jogee

What's truly impressive is that the loin end of it is marbled as well as the chuck end. That's the prettiest T-Bone I have ever seen.

I would love to see that calf wearing a Prime "Roll"

Great looking plate! Bone in ribeyes are the best. Perfect compliment with the tomato cucumber medley and the touch of rosemary.

hooknline":3anxopeq said:

Here is what some of the brisket looks like today. Is it red enough for ya? I think this came out of the red horse looking calf.

Pastrami for Memorial Day

IMG_5309.jpg

Sliced and ready to eat.

IMG_5310.jpg

Then some packed up for sandwiches later.

IMG_5311.jpg

Its times like this that I'm glad I'm not a vegetarian. I mean you bite into this stuff and you can't help but wonder what's wrong with these people.

You really need to stop because I'm starving and my smoked spache chicken has another hour to go. I'm starving!

Latest posts