Preparing Pig Heart?

Help Support CattleToday:

RPFarm

Reaction score
I have 3 sitting in my freezer and I don't know if there any good to eat or how to cook it. Figured it was worth a try. Any ideas or tips??

I dunno about pig heart, but we always keep cow hearts when we get them butchered. We make dressing, and chop up the heart in it. Cook it in a roasting pan...

I'ts been a long time but I believe the heart went in the head sausage (head cheese), along with the kidneys, tongue, ears, and head meat.

I am not sure about pig heart but deer and elk heart is pretty good sliced thin and sauteed with sliced green peppers, wine and onion. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Serve on rice with a hot loaf of homemade bread. Add beverage of your choice :cboy:

HOSS":293fcimq said:
I am not sure about pig heart but deer and elk heart is pretty good sliced thin and sauteed with sliced green peppers, wine and onion. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Serve on rice with a hot loaf of homemade bread. Add beverage of your choice :cboy:

That sounds good Hoss, I'm going to try it. Wine recommendations? Just that I haven't used wine for anything other then pickling Northern.

Latest posts